Offline The Doctor

soooooo.... whats the price limit? no doubt its hard to find a pristine example at the cheaper end of the scale
the price limit started at around $140k as i made a deal with an importer to get me a good one...you know, with a few km's, but still well kept. Up to now, he has brought in 3 for me to look at, but there were very rough, as expected and imports.

So at the moment i guess, the range would be from $160-$175k, the latter really stretching it.....i have considered waiting untill i get about $200k in the "ferrari fund" but it is just sooo hard.

Please keep scouting guys, and let me know if there is anything at all as i will persue it.
thanks again

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
definately over priced!

Vince, you're coming across as a blowhard mate. What do you base your prices on? It's not gtr land where there's 100 more dropping of the boat every week.

FF's pretty much nailed the prices on the head, if you want a good one then you've got to pay for it.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
the price limit started at around $140k
 at the moment i guess, the range would be from $160-$175k, the latter really stretching it.....

Buy an immaculate 328, or 355, and save the rest for surprises and fussyness issues.

if you buy a 360  from a retailer for $160K or there abouts, you'll regret it.

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Buy an immaculate 328, or 355, and save the rest for surprises and fussiness issues.

if you buy a 360  from a retailer for $160K or there abouts, you'll regret it.

As the saying says, in life you get what you pay for
!
And that is the case with the Ferrari you are after !

And Al is right , you are not in GTR territory  :confused:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Zagame has got 3.
Nice red one among them. :D
www.zag.com.au

Ahem....put the rest on Visa if you have to.
I think this is a bargain being pretty much brand new.

Offline The Doctor

Vince, you're coming across as a blowhard mate. What do you base your prices on? It's not gtr land where there's 100 more dropping of the boat every week.

FF's pretty much nailed the prices on the head, if you want a good one then you've got to pay for it.

You are right...I am trying for the deal of the century.
I guess it is just the fear of the unknown....if something big goes on it, then i will be up for heaps.
i have seen some roughies where you need 20 to 30 k just to get it to an acceptable level...

• Soap Dodger

Ahem....put the rest on Visa if you have to.
I think this is a bargain being pretty much brand new.

the Zagame cars are early versions... 1999 model 360s are particularly prone to lots of little glitches electrically.

• Soap Dodger

You are right...I am trying for the deal of the century.
I guess it is just the fear of the unknown....if something big goes on it, then i will be up for heaps.
i have seen some roughies where you need 20 to 30 k just to get it to an acceptable level...

Even more reason to seek the best car you can afford, rather than the newest model.

You should aim to spend no more than 80% of your available budget on actual car purchase.

Keep the 20% for headaches and surprises. If you've got ~$150k to spend, buy the best car you can find for asking  ~$120k

ie, a near perfect 328 freshly serviced and ready to go with new tyres/belts and couple of other big ticket items recently done.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Even more reason to seek the best car you can afford, rather than the newest model.

You should aim to spend no more than 80% of your available budget on actual car purchase.

Keep the 20% for headaches and surprises. If you've got ~$150k to spend, buy the best car you can find for asking  ~$120k

ie, a near perfect 328 freshly serviced and ready to go with new tyres/belts and couple of other big ticket items recently done.

Good advice on the $ side... but a 328 is going to feel like driving putty after a hot GTR regrettably.

C'mon, do it!

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari

Very sound budgeting advice, better to not have a Ferrari than not be able to maintain it and drive the hell out of it. Hard to sell a poorly serviced fcar.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.