Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Approx $82k landed without compliance.  Much less to compliance a pre-89?!
Local ones seem to start at about $100k but have generally done more than 500 miles a year!  Who owns one of these and does 800km a year???  Still being run in, surely.

That one is 1988...

Ferrari engines don't need running in as such, they're delivered ready to go.

That said, generally, the sweet spot on a 328 is around 10 to 40k MILES... or 16k to 60k km

Offline The Doctor

errr, nope. It's safest to assume they all go wrong at some time or other.

a 308 is easier to service than a 348, as in it takes less time.

a well looked after 348 is no more expensive to run than a  a 308 though.

In my experience, 355's are one of the most expensive Ferrari to keep running/repairing. Certainly more than a 348 or even 360, and on a par with a 550.

The main servicing cost difference really is in the cambelt change... a 308/328 belt change costs ~$1000, where a 348 belt job is more like ~$2500, a 355 belt job nearer $3k. a 550 belt change is about ~$1300 but the servicing costs are up on the V8 models abit, but not drastically..

If "I" had about 30k GBP to buy a Ferrari I'd buy a glass 308 or a superb 328

or wait until I could afford a 550.

Speaking of service pricing....what would a 360 cost in the way of servicing, as well as intervals?? is it basically every 3 years, or every year?

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
yearly fluids service and every 3 years or 50K km for cambelt service....

Then of course you have tyres, brakes, clutch and some other unexpected items which might wear out or break... I got my fuel gague sending unit replaced a couple of months ago and you would think that wouldn't break normally and apparently that's one of those well-known faults to 360s...

cheers,

richie

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Ferrari
Speaking of service pricing....what would a 360 cost in the way of servicing, as well as intervals?? is it basically every 3 years, or every year?

From what I have read and prices I obtained from Ferrari, are below. Note these are cheaper at other places who are equally good or better such as Piccola Scuderia (Sydney) or Marranello Autos (Gold Coast):

Annual Service every year:- $1800 - $2000
Cam belts every 3 years:- $3600 when combined with an annual service
Clutch - $8000 with an annual service.
Tyres $800 each approx

I also believe that sevicing is more important that how many K's a car has done. I'd prefer a regularly driven and well  serviced car than a low K's -kept- in -storage car, thats done 500klms/year.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

• Soap Dodger

yearly fluids service and every 3 years or 50K km for cambelt service....

Then of course you have tyres, brakes, clutch and some other unexpected items which might wear out or break... I got my fuel gague sending unit replaced a couple of months ago and you would think that wouldn't break normally and apparently that's one of those well-known faults to 360s...

cheers,

richie

Thats a design fault, it won't break as such, just some don't work properly from new!

• Soap Dodger

I also believe that sevicing is more important that how many K's a car has done. I'd prefer a regularly driven and well  serviced car than a low K's -kept- in -storage car, thats done 500klms/year.

Prices are variable, but those are in the ball park. You can save and you can have unexpected shocks too.

High mileage cars will give problems, low mileage cars will give problems.

DON'T be the guy that does no miles and STILL has to pay to fix problems. Be the guy that drove the car and got value!

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Prices are variable, but those are in the ball park. You can save and you can have unexpected shocks too.

High mileage cars will give problems, low mileage cars will give problems.

DON'T be the guy that does no miles and STILL has to pay to fix problems. Be the guy that drove the car and got value!

Phil,

Very well said there mate.... totally agree with you and that's why I drive my car a bit more now whenever I get the change  :thumbsup:

Happy New Year

cheers,

richie

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
From what I have read and prices I obtained from Ferrari, are below. Note these are cheaper at other places who are equally good or better such as Piccola Scuderia (Sydney) or Marranello Autos (Gold Coast):

How are you doing your comparisons above to suggest these guys are cheaper and/or better?
C'mon, do it!

Offline The Doctor

How are you doing your comparisons above to suggest these guys are cheaper and/or better?
without getting too technical Al, he probably had a better experience at Piccola than he did at Italia Motori. Who do you rate as the best Ferrari service agent?? I know i would prefer NOT to take it to Italia Motori
if i can help it.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
without getting too technical Al, he probably had a better experience at Piccola than he did at Italia Motori. Who do you rate as the best Ferrari service agent?? I know i would prefer NOT to take it to Italia Motori
if i can help it.

I've taken my cars to both places and I'd suggest the best advice is to be well versed in expected costs, anticipated work and expected effort. It's incredibly easy for the 2K annual service to end up a 10K 'other bits' job. We use a race shop now for just about all the cars, with visits to the main dealer only when there's something needing the factory diagnostics computer.

Things change with each service group as chief mechanics come and go, that's why I'm asking about the recommendations made.
C'mon, do it!