Offline WOLF

Hi guys & girls - just doing more read ups on taking Belle into Oz. As she is totally standard what changes will I have to make to her to make the VicRoads man smile. I MPH/KPH conversion but what else ?
Please tell me that in Oz you dont have the stupid reflectors in the front and rear bumpers (behind and in front of the rear/front wheels) like the yanks !!!
Cheers

Ps - Also as a side note I've read like 1,000,000 threads on here now and whats the hate on with imported cars. Is it just this forum or does the general population just not want to touch'em/look at 'em/love 'em ?? - What gives ??

Cheers mukka's
 :thumbsup:

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
SA Dept of transport gave me 5 pages of compliancing stuff, but in the end all they needed was high brake light stuck on.  Already had a combined mph / kph speedo which was satisfactory.  If the car was roadworthy in the UK then I don't think too much to worry about.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline WOLF

360 has built in hight brake light but what a pointless thing to request. How long was your esprit in VicRoads for mate ?

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Hi guys & girls - just doing more read ups on taking Belle into Oz. As she is totally standard what changes will I have to make to her to make the VicRoads man smile. I MPH/KPH conversion but what else ?
Please tell me that in Oz you dont have the stupid reflectors in the front and rear bumpers (behind and in front of the rear/front wheels) like the yanks !!!
Cheers

Ps - Also as a side note I've read like 1,000,000 threads on here now and whats the hate on with imported cars. Is it just this forum or does the general population just not want to touch'em/look at 'em/love 'em ?? - What gives ??

Cheers mukka's
 :thumbsup:

We all know that the grey cars are the same as the Aust cars. But we all have also fallen in the trap of buying a mint grey cheaply only to find it an absolute nightmare trying to sell it on. General public has a HUGE negative stigma about imports. They are basically impossible to move.

We don't have the reflectors on the guards. Aust spec cars are basically UK spec cars.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
45 minute vehicle ID.  Actually took the coppas 40 minutes to find the VIN plates.

10 minute compliance check.

That was all.  and BTW all done at Regency Park, Adelaide.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline dkabab

45 minute vehicle ID.  Actually took the coppas 40 minutes to find the VIN plates.

10 minute compliance check.

That was all.  and BTW all done at Regency Park, Adelaide.

i think you are the luckiest importer ever....

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I heard of a guy with a personal import 360 having to jump through all kinds of stupid hoops...

they made him change all the light bulbs for some reason, among other bullshit items. It took him over 2 years to work through all the crap they asked him to do, but he did do it all himself.

The anti import syndrome is basically your usual Aussie bureaucracy. The cars are just about identical in real terms for a 360.

The only Aussie car that has a significant difference to a uk car is the 328, which has the yank engine set up, or swiss to be specific.

the 308 carb range also differs in that the GTB's are all wet sump here.

But from 348 on, they're essentially the same.

Offline WOLF

Dont know why all the red tape has to exist, the cars the same ! - just let it be. The more I dig into this whole import saga the more the Aussie reveals its true colours to me ! - You need a permit for a permit and a form for the sake of a form !!
Gotta be an easier way of doing this surely ! - I'll plod on and get there eventually I guess     :gnasher:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Dont know why all the red tape has to exist, the cars the same ! - just let it be. The more I dig into this whole import saga the more the Aussie reveals its true colours to me ! - You need a permit for a permit and a form for the sake of a form !!
Gotta be an easier way of doing this surely ! - I'll plod on and get there eventually I guess     :gnasher:

Good Luck!!!!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

I can see the idea though, and it goes something like this...

You own a 360 in the UK, where it is not worth a great deal, partly due to the high volume of cheaper imports that flood the market over there...

Now, Australia thinks they're doing the residents of Australia a FAVOUR by restricting imports... their argument is that it help protect the market here....

and it works to a large degree, you're a case in point. How would you feel if you owned a 360 here already, and then a boat load of cheaper imports suddenly flooded the market, wiping 50% off the value of your Aussie bought car?

It stinks, but that's the way it is.

Personally, I think you should be allowed to import them here hassle free, and then pay all taxes etc, and be done with it.

But I don't own a 360.