Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Australian shoe label Diana Ferrari has lost a three-year trademark battle with Italian car manufacturer Ferrari.

Diana Ferrari had attempted to prevent the car maker from registering the trademark ‘Ferrari Shop’ and applying its logo to a range of watches, phones, computer games and clothing that Ferrari planned to sell in a new chain of stores.

Diana Ferrari argued its trademark was well known in Australia for women’s footwear, clothing and accessories and that the distinctive element of ‘Ferrari’ in both companies’ trademarks would lead to confusion amongst consumers.

IP Australia delegate Alison Windsor rejected the argument said she was satisfied both trademarks had sufficient reputation that the potential of confusion between the two would be remote.

http://www.insideretailing.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=53&articleType=ArticleView&articleId=3755

Offline 98octane

I saw this too.  I don't look forward to Ferrari shops in every major shopping centre.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I saw this too.  I don't look forward to Ferrari shops in every major shopping centre.

A sure way to ruin the brand.

Offline Mr Enzo

Im not upto speed here , but are we getting ferrari stores in every shopping centre. Is that correct ?
Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
A sure way to ruin the brand.

I don't get the pissmoaning about this.

There's a big difference in having/enjoying the car, vs wearing a shirt/cap/shoes/underwear with the logo.

As much as my opinion might be that people dressed all in red and covered in shields might look a little stupid, I also think that people who wear their trousers with their underwear showing look stupid, and people who wear hats inside look stupid, and anyone who is not active in the mardis gras wearing a pastel looks stupid.

From my side, if branding a million stupid things means Ferrari / Lambo can continue on building neck snapping cards, then they should go for it.
C'mon, do it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There's already a lot of Ferrari gear out there, not sure who actually buys it, I don't really think Ferrari shops will go all that well but they supposedly know that they're doing so good luck to them.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
There's already a lot of Ferrari gear out there, not sure who actually buys it, I don't really think Ferrari shops will go all that well but they supposedly know that they're doing so good luck to them.
watch any grandstand when the F1 is on and see how much red is worn by the people in them......everyone buys ferrari merchandise....i don't know anyone who does not have at least 1 ferrari cap/model car/shirt etc....
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Laminator

watch any grandstand when the F1 is on and see how much red is worn by the people in them......everyone buys ferrari merchandise....i don't know anyone who does not have at least 1 ferrari cap/model car/shirt etc....

You do now!  :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They cant justify a string of stores around the globe based on sales for F1 events.

They might create an elite product using the Ferrari brand, high end watches for instance, the sort of thing you might buy for it's quality rather than just as a fan of the cars.