Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Hi guys,

I have just sold my CSL... in 2 days after posting up the ad... and am looking into a 360 now...

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between the local car and the import car please??

Mechanical wise... and if an import car breaks and needs some parts, are they identical to the local ones? For example, can I ask Phil (Ferrari Fixer) to order the parts in and fix an import without too much of a problem?

Of course I will prefer a local car since the history is there to check... I drove a 360 today and all services were done by Euro Marque.... the silver blue one in Melbourne... is it a ferrari character that everything feels so "loss" at the rear (in terms of noise and the rattles when you give it a go)... sorry about all of these questions... it is certainly very different from a BMW!

Thank you very much!!!

cheers,

richie

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

I have an import 360. No issues at all with parts etc. Just watch where it's imported from - lots of HK / UK imports have corrosion or other issues.

Can you describe what you mean by 'loose' at the rear? The car should feel well planted on the road - there shouldn't be any obvious rattles etc from behind you. Unless of course the contents of the cats have blown out and are rattling around the exhaust.  $$$
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
If it's an original RHD car, it's essentially the same.

The early F1 cars shift very coarsly, and do feel a bit "loose" or clunky when driving. If it feels loose as in poor handling, well they are a bit, but this is often exaggerated by poor wheel alignment, or old tyres, or simply under/over pressured tyres.

There are also LOTS of things that could be wrong, but just get an inspection done by someone with at least 5 years experience running 360's.

Early cars have rivetted grounding points, which cause all sorts of electrical gremlins, but after 2001, the grounds were welded. Other than that fairly major difference regarding reliability, they're all good!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Mines a 2000 and while the original TCU was a pain (clunky 1st - 2nd shifts, sometimes would go into neutral at stops right before you meant to take off) - it was painful but didn't make the car feel loose. Easy fix is with a challenge TCU - plugs right in $2K and you have a faster shifting, more reliable gear shift.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

hi guys....

I am not saying that the back end feels "loose"... just more like... I can really feel the engine's vibration through my body and the gearbox vibrations... etc... part of the ferrari characters?

thanx mate!

richie

• Soap Dodger

hi guys....

I am not saying that the back end feels "loose"... just more like... I can really feel the engine's vibration through my body and the gearbox vibrations... etc... part of the ferrari characters?

thanx mate!

richie

oh, sounds like the engine mounts and/or the gearbox mount is shot.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Hi Phil,

I think I will drop by your workshop soon... When I spoke to Raj, apparently, you know him too... the one races his black GT3... he comes to my warehouse quite often buying parts :)

Thank you very much for the advices! I will now take my time to shop my first ferrari...

cheers,

richie

• Soap Dodger

Ok great. Look forward to meeting you  :thumbsup:

Just yesterday I was offered the very last 360 sold here... December 2004. Red with black. 40k km.

It's in QLD though, and I can't get an asking price out the guy  :doh:

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Hi Phil,

You should have got the price... lol.... the last of the 360... but with 40K km on the clock, do you reckon there are many things that might go soon?
I really need to talk to you more about the f-car

cheers,

richie

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Hi Phil,

You should have got the price... lol.... the last of the 360... but with 40K km on the clock, do you reckon there are many things that might go soon?
I really need to talk to you more about the f-car

cheers,

richie

good luck!

I love my car. Buy your own