ok, I'll look it up on fchat

good luck...get back to me when you find it :rolleyes:

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
*sigh*

sigh all you like.

One of us is not being straight up, and it's not me!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
ok..

and yeah... modified GT/4... Hi comp Pistons and over bored +1mm from 2927cc to 2992cc, heads modified/ported, valves, ignition, and jetting... that I know of... and who knows what else I don't know?... so, yeah. Modified.

none of it's a secret, you know....but what's been done to it is hardly going to transform it into a fire breathing dragon.

10:1 pistons
elec ignition (same total advance, so you tell ME how much more peak that's going to give)
heads aren't bloody modified! what are you talking about?
jetting is modifying now?

and yes...that extra 70cc......lol..that'll make all the difference.

300hp 308....now THAT'S that i call modified! mine's just updated.

anyway...neither here nor there....it cost less to do what i did than make it 'standard' (e.g. cast pistons v old fashioned ferrari forged at 1/2 the price)....and the results are fantastic....the motor is better and stronger and will wear better....everything is a huge positive, and today's little test proved it.

same power as an aussie 328...more than a QV.......and 31mpg. i'm very impressed with that, but you probably see that all the time. for me, it's just a one off.

Offline Aircon

sigh all you like.

One of us is not being straight up, and it's not me!

*shakes head*

you're such a conspiracy theorist.

Offline Aircon

I'm very surprised a AUS 328 had more power than your modified GT/4.

oh yeah...one last thing before beddie byes.....Carl and I were most impressed and surprised that the GT4 had as much HP as the aussie 328...they ARE rated at 260hp!!...so it seems only you are surprised that the GT4 didn't have more than the 328.

luckily i don't think like you, otherwise instead of being elated with the result, i'd be sad!

the engine in the GT4 is beautiful....really  beautiful. did you notice where it almost matched the UK GTB at about 3500-4000rpm??? awesome!!

• Soap Dodger

fkn 'ell, you'll cause fights over anything.

the facts are..

your graph shows your MODIFIED AS I SAID GT/4 peaked at just UNDER 130kw. (BTW, if your GT4 heads are NOT modified, then you missed a golden opportunity for even more efficiency to be gained, for minimal cost)

You SAY the aus car made 130kw.

AU 328's are rated at 255 BHP, not 260.

YOUR 328 has a tubi.

All of the above makes the findings quite comparable, but NOT to be taken as reference as two of the cars are not standard.

• Soap Dodger

the engine in the GT4 is beautiful....really  beautiful. did you notice where it almost matched the UK GTB at about 3500-4000rpm??? awesome!!

I'm very happy for you, seriously. it's a great thing to have a well sorted car.

Offline Aircon

fkn 'ell, you'll cause fights over anything.

oh...i thought you were.

the facts are..

your graph shows your MODIFIED AS I SAID GT/4 peaked at just UNDER 130kw. (BTW, if your GT4 heads are NOT modified, then you missed a golden opportunity for even more efficiency to be gained, for minimal cost)

You SAY the aus car made 130kw.

AU 328's are rated at 255 BHP, not 260.

YOUR 328 has a tubi.

All of the above makes the findings quite comparable, but NOT to be taken as reference as two of the cars are not standard.

my GT4 got just under 130kw. I've just had a CLOSE look at the aussie 328 graph. The peak HP was identical. 128kw, i'd say sorry for rounding up!

according to Carl's book, the standard 328 is 270hp and the aussie one is 260. I'd like to see any completely stock 308 get near that. 255...they're dreaming.

i possibly missed out on a cheap opportunity with the modding of the heads, but i wasn't interested. the only changes i made were ones that made the car better at a lower cost. as i said, the pistons were a perfect example.

and yes...i know my 328 has a tubi....that was the 328 i was comparing the noise of the GT4 to. i'm pretty sure that a stock 308 would have had the numbers of the QV...and then, only on a good day.

thanks for being happy for me. i'm happy for me too. i love driving it....carl likes driving it....even aunty scott liked driving it.

now the only problem i have is on deciding on which car to use. i love driving both of them.

and i DO take them as a reference.....a reference to each other....no more...no less.

being weighed when we get the chance.

hopefully next week.

• Soap Dodger

oh...i thought you were.

my GT4 got just under 130kw. I've just had a CLOSE look at the aussie 328 graph. The peak HP was identical. 128kw, i'd say sorry for rounding up!

according to Carl's book, the standard 328 is 270hp and the aussie one is 260. I'd like to see any completely stock 308 get near that. 255...they're dreaming.

i possibly missed out on a cheap opportunity with the modding of the heads, but i wasn't interested. the only changes i made were ones that made the car better at a lower cost. as i said, the pistons were a perfect example.

and yes...i know my 328 has a tubi....that was the 328 i was comparing the noise of the GT4 to. i'm pretty sure that a stock 308 would have had the numbers of the QV...and then, only on a good day.

thanks for being happy for me. i'm happy for me too. i love driving it....carl likes driving it....even aunty scott liked driving it.

now the only problem i have is on deciding on which car to use. i love driving both of them.

and i DO take them as a reference.....a reference to each other....no more...no less.

being weighed when we get the chance.

hopefully next week.

wow... a whole post without any bait in it... congrats!

oh.. and BOTH of them... so that little throw away comment in another thread about selling the 355C... can/will you confirm you have indeed sold it? I never thought you'd do that.... but then I never thought you'd do a lot of things!

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

wow... a whole post without any bait in it... congrats!

oh.. and BOTH of them... so that little throw away comment in another thread about selling the 355C... can/will you confirm you have indeed sold it? I never thought you'd do that.... but then I never thought you'd do a lot of things!

Didn't you read that somewhere in another thread.

I purchased it.   :D