Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Google 355TT. Its a melbourne car. Stock engine. 7 to 12 psi. Up to around 800bhp.

Stock everything in fact. Except injectors and fuel pump.

And it's since been converted back to standard. Strange move if it's God's gift to man  :scratchchin:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Here is a link to the bike on the dyno doing progressive gear power runs. I'll did out the graphs later.

http://youtu.be/Qsp_vySOxWY

http://youtu.be/DTFU2VMsHRg

That looks like it would be difficult to ride in anything but a straight line  :scratchchin:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
And it's since been converted back to standard. Strange move if it's God's gift to man  :scratchchin:
it was the wifes car. She wanted to go shopping/tennis in it. Owner bought 599GTO  & 458 GT3, and built a second 6 sec doorslammer......kinda didnt need it boosted anymore.

Turbo kit unbolted, all back to normal. No issues.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
That looks like it would be difficult to ride in anything but a straight line  :scratchchin:

Not at all, I have done plenty trcakdays on my turbo bikes, you get use to the power, and torque is massive, no lag or nasty spikes. All my bikes are scratchers. Out on my own or two up doesnít matter.
Iím not into long swingarm straight line BS.
All my Triumphs have traction control, launch control and three custom maps that I can change on the fly all though my TuneBoy ECU mapping system.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

12 PSI on STD comp?

• Soap Dodger

12 PSI on STD comp?

Yep, with plastic plenums too.

Allegedly 840bhp at 12psi... I drove it on 9psi and its mental. Way to powerful to matter what power it actually has.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Not at all, I have done plenty trcakdays on my turbo bikes, you get use to the power, and torque is massive, no lag or nasty spikes. All my bikes are scratchers. Out on my own or two up doesnít matter.
Iím not into long swingarm straight line BS.
All my Triumphs have traction control, launch control and three custom maps that I can change on the fly all though my TuneBoy ECU mapping system.

It looks like you would spend all your time and concentration changing gears and trying to not over rev the thing, it spools up so fast. All as you go from nothing to warp factor 10 in seconds. Might be manageable on a track; but not sure I would want to try it on the black spur.

Plenty fast anyway, What's it weigh ?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

it was the wifes car. She wanted to go shopping/tennis in it. Owner bought 599GTO  & 458 GT3, and built a second 6 sec doorslammer......kinda didnt need it boosted anymore.

Turbo kit unbolted, all back to normal. No issues.

If it was the wifes car, why turbo it in the first place? Even in turbo form it would have been manageable with the boost turned right down, esp as she would probably drive it around under 4000 rpm all the time. Why waste the moeny taking it all off again if it was trouble free?
Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

Yep, with plastic plenums too.

Allegedly 840bhp at 12psi... I drove it on 9psi and its mental. Way to powerful to matter what power it actually has.

WTF, so what is STD comp on a 355, 7:1? I donít think so, do the math it should be detonating itís tits off and burning valves without moving the cam overlap at 12 psi.

Something is not correct either it was decompressed or 12psi was just for a power run. Iíve run 8psi on a 12.5:1 CR and itís been ok but I pulled a shit load of advance out of the map and had my AFR @ 11.5:1 under full load.

• Soap Dodger

If it was the wifes car, why turbo it in the first place? Even in turbo form it would have been manageable with the boost turned right down, esp as she would probably drive it around under 4000 rpm all the time. Why waste the moeny taking it all off again if it was trouble free?
Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Sigh....

They bought it new, got married in it. She loved it and wouldnt let him sell it when she stopped wanting to drive it regularly. So, he said, if it stays, he wants it to go harder.

Then, she changed her mind, they bought other fast cars, so it went back to her.