Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
WTF, so what is STD comp on a 355, 7:1? I donít think so, do the math it should be detonating itís tits off and burning valves without moving the cam overlap at 12 psi.

Something is not correct either it was decompressed or 12psi was just for a power run. Iíve run 8psi on a 12.5:1 CR and itís been ok but I pulled a shit load of advance out of the map and had my AFR @ 11.5:1 under full load.

Std comp is 11:1.

Give simon, dave or blake a call, from Nispro, here in melb. They did the work. I just put it back to original.

• Soap Dodger

Cam timing and valve seat pressures  were all stock too.

All stock.

It bent 2 valves on a missed gear shift once, so the heads came off.

But nothing else needed doing.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
It looks like you would spend all your time and concentration changing gears and trying to not over rev the thing, it spools up so fast. All as you go from nothing to warp factor 10 in seconds. Might be manageable on a track; but not sure I would want to try it on the black spur.

Plenty fast anyway, What's it weigh ?

On the road or track itís not quite that fast on the gear change, I have now swapped the gearing for 19/42 gives more time between changes also. 204 RWBHP @ 186KG wet. It is very strong, light and stupidly fast, I never stop laughing to myself when Iím out itís a blast.   

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Ok, changing the gearing would make quite a difference I would think.

It's a bit heavier than my Desmosedici with pretty much the same HP; but I think the Desmosedici isn't RWHP. It has the factory full race exhaust and different ECU to suit, which makes a big difference. Still a pussycat to ride at reasonably sane speeds though.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
If it was the wifes car, why turbo it in the first place? Even in turbo form it would have been manageable with the boost turned right down, esp as she would probably drive it around under 4000 rpm all the time. Why waste the moeny taking it all off again if it was trouble free?
Doesn't make any sense to me at all.

It won't make sense to anyone. You only push the accelerator as far as you want. If everything was standard, it'd be like a normal 355 to drive until the turbos spun up. Sounds very weird to me.

I've owned a powerful turbo before (not quite AS powerful, but a lot lighter) and it's not like it just runs away because of the power. I don't get it.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I don't know anything about it; but it isn't unreasonable to think there might have been some problems with it ?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I don't know anything about it; but it isn't unreasonable to think there might have been some problems with it ?

Now THAT makes sense! Anyway, it's nice talking about it, but we'll never know.

^^^for the obvious reason.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Ok, changing the gearing would make quite a difference I would think.

It's a bit heavier than my Desmosedici with pretty much the same HP; but I think the Desmosedici isn't RWHP. It has the factory full race exhaust and different ECU to suit, which makes a big difference. Still a pussycat to ride at reasonably sane speeds though.

It was the D16 that got me into real Nitrogen Ohlins, it is such a balanced bike and very easy to ride unlike the 1198R.
Did you ride it withe the STD exhaust, how bull shit hot is that! 

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

It was the D16 that got me into real Nitrogen Ohlins, it is such a balanced bike and very easy to ride unlike the 1198R.
Did you ride it withe the STD exhaust, how bull shit hot is that!

Yes I did about 500km's on the standard exhaust Sounded shit and it made the bike almost unrideable in traffic due to the heat on your bum/legs. Don't know what it did to the performance as I was running it in sub 4000rpm. Had the race exhaust fitted at first service and it transformed the bike. Don't ride it or the carbon bike enough unfortunately. I think the Desmo has yet to tick over 2000km's.

• Soap Dodger

There were no problems with it that any other 355 wouldnt have.

It popped an alternator, at an f club day years ago.

It had a rattly flywheel for a while too.

Its back in normal use now. Its fine.

Sure, the drag strip MUST have had an effect on it.

But its yet to show.

Even the clutch was only recently changed, and only as a precaution. It was fine.