Offline Paulstar

What would happen to the investment in the time it takes to appreciate in value? things like storage, insurance etc  :scratchchin:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
What would happen to the investment in the time it takes to appreciate in value? things like storage, insurance etc  :scratchchin:

I'd do constant laps of George St in it, seat back, hat low.
C'mon, do it!

Offline Paulstar

I'd do constant laps of George St in it, seat back, hat low.

You drive it one way and I'll drive it back, deal  :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Zero upside investment potential.
Complete cars are an uneconomical restoration situation. The body is worth nothing as the money (such as it is), is in the drivetrain.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Zero upside investment potential.
Complete cars are an uneconomical restoration situation. The body is worth nothing as the money (such as it is), is in the drivetrain.

To be honest the bodies over priced. This person has used or sold the running gear and is hoping to make some money on the body but other than for a crash repair or a project, who is going to buy it at $30k?

I love the front on the 250GTE but because of that rear roof line they are probably one of the least valuable older Ferrari's. At 10k for the body if you modded the roof line and the back to look like a GTL then it would make a great project for some 365GT running gear..... if it fits, but I dont think it would be an investment. I cant even see buying the body at that price and sitting on it as an investment. I think its over priced.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

It's worth scrap value. No sane person restores one as they cost as much to restore as the Mega $  Ferrari 250 models.
 So parts value is minimal as a result of no demand.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
nah, it's worth something to an owner of a nice one.

If one should get crashed or rolled or burned, this body could drastically reduce repair costs....

It's worth prob $15k to the right guy IMO, maybe more depending on the crashed car I guess.

I like uber dudes idea... drop the body over a stretched Inbred Clown Car chassis, and cruise the streets..............

Offline dkabab

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

nah, it's worth something to an owner of a nice one.

If one should get crashed or rolled or burned, this body could drastically reduce repair costs....

It's worth prob $15k to the right guy IMO, maybe more depending on the crashed car I guess.

I like uber dudes idea... drop the body over a stretched Poofter Car chassis, and cruise the streets..............

As I said, they are uneconomic to restore or repair so you would die of old age before you found a buyer.
Even very nice cars get broken up if they have the misfortune to be crash damaged.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Put the 456gt to good use

D'oh, thats what I meant but was thinking Uber had a 365 GT4 for some reason....