Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
What do Ferrari say, remove or can be done engine in?

I have no idea....but what's that got to do with it? You still don't need to remove the engine to change the belts.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Tiger

I have no idea....but what's that got to do with it? You still don't need to remove the engine to change the belts.

OK only interested in 360ís onwards unless itís an early 70ís late 60ís Dino.
Roll on summer

Offline oldgit

• Drives: Renault Avantime. Toyota Sera, Fiat 500 sport
  • Name: Arthur
pp is correct for once!! you can change the belts engine in, BUT, it can cause damage as the engine has to tip at an unnatural angle. If you want to go down this path then fit a fire extinguisher as you will need it. Why not do the job properly and take the engine out with the subframe attached, takes a little longer but you can inspect the engine and water pump whilst it is out and you can give the engine a good clean as well . At the same time you can clean the engine compartment to make yourself proud of your toy. Check for oil leaks afterwards!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
pp is correct for once!! you can change the belts engine in, BUT, it can cause damage as the engine has to tip at an unnatural angle. If you want to go down this path then fit a fire extinguisher as you will need it. Why not do the job properly and take the engine out with the subframe attached, takes a little longer but you can inspect the engine and water pump whilst it is out and you can give the engine a good clean as well . At the same time you can clean the engine compartment to make yourself proud of your toy. Check for oil leaks afterwards!!

That's what I've never understood.....are Ferraris so bad that all this extra care is needed? Why? Does it mean the 360 doesn't get the care and love that a 355 gets because you don't remove the engine? Is a 430 going to be something to worry about because you never have to look at the front of the engine?

Seriously, justifying pulling the engine out so you can clean the engine bay?? Spoken like a true mechanic!! It's a big deal removing the engine....even in a 355. It's best to avoid it if possible IMO.

Incidentally, you know you can inspect the engine and water pump with the engine in place, right? There's nothing you can't examine with the engine in that you can with the engine out.

I love my car. Buy your own