Offline E7ITE

Maybe if someone gets trapped in their burning Ferrari owners would demand this fire suppression system... thoughts?

There was a guy in India whose Diablo flipped over then burned.  he couldnt get out due to the scissor doors and was trapped inside.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
There was a guy in India whose Diablo flipped over then burned.  he couldnt get out due to the scissor doors and was trapped inside.

I remember years ago someone said it made a good case for mechanising the doors so he could have robowalked it over a manhole to escape.

In the case of flipping wouldn't many cars have their door mechanisms become somewhat impaired?

Edit: maybe it was me - deja vu :scratchchin:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/lamborghini/safety-concerns-with-the-lambo-1110.0.html

Best option I heard for Lamborghini is to motorise the doors so when you flip it you can just robowalk the  car to a manhole or something.  Murcielagos also have glass-breakers in the passenger footwell, and I've heard you can unscrew the gearstick and use it for this also - this idea is attributed to Balboni himself after somehow flipping a Countach or something.

Either way it doesn't matter, you can flip any car and the chances of the doors operating as per the owner's manual is slim to none.

Online mtarone

In the case of flipping wouldn't many cars have their door mechanisms become somewhat impaired?

In the SLS the door hinge pins explode upon a rollover event, allowing the doors to be opened.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/17/video-mercedes-benz-sls-amg-crash-test-video-shows-off-explodin/

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

It has happened more than once. Years ago there was a particularly gruesome photo floating around the net of a European accident in a Murcilardarse. The driver had managed to roll it and he and his girlfriend were burnt to a crisp as they couldn't open the doors.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
It has happened more than once. Years ago there was a particularly gruesome photo floating around the net of a European accident in a Murcilardarse. The driver had managed to roll it and he and his girlfriend were burnt to a crisp as they couldn't open the doors.

Yeah, I remember clicking those photos before there was a NSFL label and regretting it ever since. :?