Offline gevo

Hi people quick question

I got in touch with an importer of cars from the U.K down to Australia basically he said he can bring a 360 with f1 gear 2000 model for about $160,000 landed complianced etc.

now i would like to know are the ones that are bought from UK cheaper in the aus market? and is there much difference between aus delivered and from uk?

also he can get a 2004 model gallardo for $220000 without E-Gear from the U.K also

they sound pretty cheap considering the prices down under , is there big difference or a reason for this ? thanks

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Those prices aren't really *that* much of a bargain - I wouldn't be penny-pinching on cars that are available in quite plentiful numbers already.

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
I remember going to Talacrest in the UK a few years back and they were selling 360s for under 60k, which would mean privately they would have been in the region of low 50s.    They are a cheap Ferrari cos of market saturation in Europe
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline gevo

So by bringing in a gallardo or a ferrari, from the uk is something going to be wrong with it ? i mean when i need to sell it would it be a problem because it's from UK ?

and a gallardo for 220k is pretty damn cheap , the cheapest i seen in aus is about 270k...........?

Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
There is nothing wrong with importing from the UK.  Cars (nice ones) are real cheap over there, and the importing process is very simple and realistically priced.  If your desire is to own and drive an exotic then it's really a simple choice.  you just need to live in England for a good year or so.

...and watch out for the rust.
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline gevo

Ok mate if i dont live there for a year , how much tax would i be paying ? what % value of car do i pay tax?

For example if i purchase a car for 80,000$ Pounds, How much would i pay tax once it gets to aus? and also for compliance does it very?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Ok mate if i dont live there for a year , how much tax would i be paying ? what % value of car do i pay tax?

For example if i purchase a car for 80,000$ Pounds, How much would i pay tax once it gets to aus? and also for compliance does it very?

80000GBP will cost about $270kaussie landed plus compliance (if anyone has a licence to do it) of about $30k i'm told....and even then it's got to be a car on the SEVS list, which the 360 is, but i'm not sure about the gallardo.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

80000GBP will cost about $270kaussie landed plus compliance (if anyone has a licence to do it) of about $30k i'm told....and even then it's got to be a car on the SEVS list, which the 360 is, but i'm not sure about the gallardo.

The Gallardo is on there - 2003 to 2006 models. Not sure of the cost.

But the 360 will cost $36k + GST + new Aussie tires. So over $40k to have just the RAWS part done.
These prices were from about 6 months ago as well.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I know this is out there, but, I wonder if you could take the roads authority/goverment to the ACCC. :D

ATEOTD if a car complies with stringent European laws (i.e. new cars not OHOS like mine) why are all these ridiculous huge compliance costs required for imports when it is obvious they are only protecting the local inflated market (i.e, high taxes)  Lets play the government at their own game.

Offline gevo

What a bloody rip off, might aswell buy one from australia with warranty i guess probably works abit more expensive but much more reliable and better for the longer run.