Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

If i is G7, bit of a shame in that he used to drive the car rather than leave it as a garage queen. Regardless, gotta feel for a man who has just written off his Black 360

Now formerly known as G7 :waah: I remember seating in the car when it was on display at Adelaide Prestige over a year ago..was even joking around with a $220k offer.. RIP

Not enough info on what happened to comment.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Not enough info on what happened to comment.

True - but why let that stop us!?? :p

As I said - I know that corner very well as I used to live a few hundred metres from there - it *is* a fun switchback if you follow the Walkerville Rd bit however it's really crap quality with lots of poorly set-out undulations, and in my X the sump would bottom out nearly every time and the back end would twitch and struggle for adhesion even at moderate cornering speeds.  In a modern everyday car with better suspension it's probably not an issue - but in anything with a tight suspension if you are going reasonably hard on the steering the car is going to bounce around.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

With a glancing blow down the side of a car you might have at one stage thought "It's all right, I'll make this", but dead centre like that??  :scared:

That red 360CS stack earlier in the year was very similar, pole centre of car.

On the couple of driving courses I've been sent to for work, the instructor says look where you want the car to go, not what you are going to hit. And that most times when things go pear shaped, panic takes over, your eyes focus on what you don't want to hit, and you just instinctively steer into it for the inevitable prang.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

That red 360CS stack earlier in the year was very similar, pole centre of car.

On the couple of driving courses I've been sent to for work, the instructor says look where you want the car to go, not what you are going to hit. And that most times when things go pear shaped, panic takes over, your eyes focus on what you don't want to hit, and you just instinctively steer into it for the inevitable prang.

perhaps the driver aimed to hit the pole at the centre of the car to minimize possibility or extent of injury to him and passenger???  :doh: :D

dang...it's made top news at News.com.au!! how sad is that??!! lol..

Offline M500

perhaps the driver aimed to hit the pole at the centre of the car to minimize possibility or extent of injury to him and passenger???  :doh: :D

That and also possibly a sale to AAMI or whoever

Offline app

I laughed when I read the witness report of it. It made a "zing zing" noise as it went past. WTF is a "zing zing" noise  :boggled:. I wondered if this were a test drive since it is or was for sale.

I have to say, it is very lucky that it hit right in the centre, I'm sure it would have been worse if it were either the driver or passenger seat. Judging by the way it hit the Stobie, it was "split" because it hit the steel parts which would probably had had a blade cutting effect at high impact. I'm sure the whole impact would have completely different if it hit the concrete part instead.

Offline app

Or maximise - judging by this theory, if he crashed into the pole, he looked at it, aimed for it, crashed into it.

Offline sartofatto

I laughed when I read the witness report of it. It made a "zing zing" noise as it went past. WTF is a "zing zing" noise  :boggled:. I wondered if this were a test drive since it is or was for sale.

I have to say, it is very lucky that it hit right in the centre, I'm sure it would have been worse if it were either the driver or passenger seat. Judging by the way it hit the Stobie, it was "split" because it hit the steel parts which would probably had had a blade cutting effect at high impact. I'm sure the whole impact would have completely different if it hit the concrete part instead.

how do you know it was for sale--is this the same car that is on the parade at norwood?

Offline app

how do you know it was for sale--is this the same car that is on the parade at norwood?

I don't know if it is the one that's always on the Parade. But as Ash said, he's heard some people say it is the G7 one. How do I know it is or was for sale? Check http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/FERRARI/360/details.aspx?R=5819581&Make=FERRARI&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&__N=4294966380%2085%20834%20285%20257%201216&State=South%20Australia&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&Cr=2&__Nne=20&trecs=7&state_id=85&__sid=11D07272CE71

Also, did anyone in the paper read the bit where someone said it was going 150 KM/h? I'd have to say that I find it hard to believe for two reasons. 1. The Stobie looks untouched, if you were going 150 KM/h, you'd do a lot more damage than that. 2. I have seen and heard this car, it has a loud sound as is the case with high performance cars such as Ferrari's and some Porsche's which means that the noise it produces can make the car sound like it is going faster than it really is going.