Offline Tiger

I'm selling up and going racing. I have thought long and hard about it and I have been enjoying the 360 Challenge I have decided to can the 458 ICV project. Dealing with Regency Park would drive me mad with the stupid SA rules. One says you can do something and them the next person says you canít!

So rather than spending the next few years in the workshop building a car Iíll do other things with my time. The car is for sale, JDM wreckers Lonsdale have the motor on eBay all rest of the parts are available or you can buy as a fixer for track fun. The car is still complete, only the front panels have been removed for ease of moving. Car had only done 1800kís when the owner hit the wall on the first lap out turn two Eastern Creek in the wet.

Roll on summer

Offline Ben

how have the airbags not been deployed with that kind of shunt

Offline tdc911

We should do a group buy to play a prank on Condor Man.

Offline Paulstar

Calling UBERman, you're next track car has arrived  :thumbsup:

Offline Tiger

how have the airbags not been deployed with that kind of shunt

Only the passengers window apron went off, hit the wall sideways/backwards clipped the rear QTR and NSF front.
Roll on summer

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Out of curiosity what's the estimated repair cost or is it beyond repair?

Offline Tiger

Out of curiosity what's the estimated repair cost or is it beyond repair?

Used parts would be around $60K plus repair time, a lot less for a track car, you can buy aftermarket panels in fiberglass from DNA and use custom radiators and front space frame etc.

I also have a full CarBench chassis repair system with jigs and workshop repair manual with all measurements for CarBench jig for the 458. I may consider selling that kit also should a buyer wish to repair the car. It would be a shame to wreck it, JDM will take it no problem to wreck. 

Roll on summer

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Good luck with the racing Tiger and make sure you share your experiences.

You just doing State stuff in SA or will you venture interstate?  You'd have a ball around PI in the 360CH.

Offline Tiger

Good luck with the racing Tiger and make sure you share your experiences.

You just doing State stuff in SA or will you venture interstate?  You'd have a ball around PI in the 360CH.

Thanks B2 I'll dip my toe in the water with the 360CH and see how I go, looking at Goobers 430 on Friday at Mario's that is so much better than a now out dated 360CH. The good thing about the 360CH is it will soon be in for classic racing and would do well in that category. The 360CH is on rally rego, I'll look at Targa type stuff as it's a factory built two seater with Targa history. 
Roll on summer

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Thanks B2 I'll dip my toe in the water with the 360CH and see how I go, looking at Goobers 430 on Friday at Mario's that is so much better than a now out dated 360CH. The good thing about the 360CH is it will soon be in for classic racing and would do well in that category.
Oh, OK.  When do they qualify for Historics and what class will they run in?  So many questions. Haha. :)

There's a few that run in VIC at some State events so perhaps there could be a good field of them in the future.