Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Most Ferrari buyers ask how much a part is and write the Cheque, so why would they do anything but charge the full monty?

I am not one of them. I do my research and ask if they can be competitive on price. I want to spend my money locally and support the dealer where possible. They know this as I have been dealing with them for years and they go back to Ateco to try and get more competitive pricing. If they are in the ball park on price, I will ALWAYS spend my money locally.

I agree but with cars they can load the price substantially just because it's in their seductive showroom but I guess if you tell Frank for instance the facts of life they should play along, to an extent anyway, though a while ago I didn't proceed with a car there because they were inflexible.

Anyway nice place for a coffee and chat with the boys.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Sometimes they can, sometimes they can't................for lots of reasons.
There is no way in the world (that I can see) for the dealership alone to fund a ROI on that building. Clearly I am missing something in the equation  :scratchchin:

I spoke to Lance Dixon a couple of years back about losing the dealership after 30 odd years. He said with what Ferrari was demanding in upgrading the dealership (which was only 5 or so years old), it made no economical sense whatsoever.
I forget the figures; but the bottom line profit was pretty abysmal for the turnover and capital invested as it was, let alone after the required extra investment. I have known Lance for a long time and he is no dummy.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lance did own a fair stretch of Doncaster Rd , it's now offices , now thats going back.

I imagine Zagames make it up on service etc, many of their clients arent worried about the cost they just pay the bill thats where they can make ends meet, I guess.

Also - If I had that showroom I would add 10% to the the price of cars and I'd get it.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Lance did own a fair stretch of Doncaster Rd , it's now offices , now thats going back.

I imagine Zagames make it up on service etc, many of their clients arent worried about the cost they just pay the bill thats where they can make ends meet, I guess.

Also - If I had that showroom I would add 10% to the the price of cars and I'd get it.

Yes he did. Then along came the "recession we had to have" and they were no more. Must have been difficult times selling Ferraris as I recall they had nothing much to sell for 2 years after the 328 ceased production and the 348's came on stream. Testarossas were private imports only and the only thing they had was Mondials and 400/412's...........which nobody wanted.

I think the building gives them more volume rather than generally fatter margins on the cars. The product mix is also much better these days which helps move volume.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yes he did. Then along came the "recession we had to have" and they were no more. Must have been difficult times selling Ferraris as I recall they had nothing much to sell for 2 years after the 328 ceased production and the 348's came on stream. Testarossas were private imports only and the only thing they had was Mondials and 400/412's...........which nobody wanted.
I think the building gives them more volume rather than generally fatter margins on the cars. The product mix is also much better these days which helps move volume.

I don't know the detail of Dixon's demise but from memory it was the usual cause , too much debt and over zealous banks.

Zagames seem to have expanded and also have  relationships with some Audi dealerships which is news to me.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

I don't know the detail of Dixon's demise but from memory it was the usual cause , too much debt and over zealous banks.

Zagames seem to have expanded and also have  relationships with some Audi dealerships which is news to me.

Lance was in the wrong place at the wrong time I think sums it up. That economic period was pretty tough, and there is the distinct possibility we are heading for it again now.

Zagame own Audi Melbourne, Richmond and Brighton. Bought at least 2 of them from Mahir Alghadri who seems to be having a bit of a selling spree ATM. Not sure if Zagame got Skoda as well in the deal. Bobby is running the Audi dealerships and Joe Pinto is now in charge of Maserati/Ferrari.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Lance was in the wrong place at the wrong time I think sums it up. That economic period was pretty tough, and there is the distinct possibility we are heading for it again now.

Zagame own Audi Melbourne, Richmond and Brighton. Bought at least 2 of them from Mahir Alghadri who seems to be having a bit of a selling spree ATM. Not sure if Zagame got Skoda as well in the deal. Bobby is running the Audi dealerships and Joe Pinto is now in charge of Maserati/Ferrari.

I think he tried to develop the Doncaster Rd land for offices just as the crash came.

(Deleted unnecessary bulldust about old acquaintance)

Offline T0M722

A photograph from me, I saw it on Friday.

GT³ by T0M722, on Flickr
:)

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Had the car out at Sandown today.

ran superbly, had passengers all the time, never had a real effort.

Did several laps under 1.14, best a 1.13.8. Car is an absolute jet.............. :tilt: