Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
Was having some confusion when exporting the photos off my computer and onto my phone or sharing it through other sites.

The image would look completely different on the computer, i.e. On my computer the background of the image would be black around the outside and there was no detail, but then on my phone it was pick up all the details in the black areas which revealed paint brush marks etc.

Is this a setting on my mac or just to do with the formatting of the two devices?

Anyway enjoy the pictures and as always criticism is needed!

458 Italia by DL Images, on Flickr

if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Was having some confusion when exporting the photos off my computer and onto my phone or sharing it through other sites.

The image would look completely different on the computer, i.e. On my computer the background of the image would be black around the outside and there was no detail, but then on my phone it was pick up all the details in the black areas which revealed paint brush marks etc.

Is this a setting on my mac or just to do with the formatting of the two devices?
Yeh I hate this. I'm assuming you have an iPhone with retina display? The screen is too good basically, so the things your PC monitor hides or can't distinguish become glaringly obvious on the phone.

Awesome photos either way!

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

Yeh I hate this. I'm assuming you have an iPhone with retina display? The screen is too good basically, so the things your PC monitor hides or can't distinguish become glaringly obvious on the phone.

Awesome photos either way!
Correct, iPhone 5... I suppose it's good in a way as it means I can re-edit the mistakes and improve the photos.
Thanks!

Offline cel

Nice work Damon! I really like the third shot with the red background, though it doesn't look straight?

Photos all taken in one go or combined multiple?

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

Nice work Damon! I really like the third shot with the red background, though it doesn't look straight?

Photos all taken in one go or combined multiple?
Something that bothers me a lot, yes multiple exposures So I assume on of them is not aligned.

Offline v8fans

• Name: Scott
Well done! Great job  :thumbsup:

The last one does it for me.

Offline a.taylor

Last shot is the winner in my books too, nice work!

What do you use to edit? Personally I would have used a touch more noise reduction (Lightroom 4).

The issue you mention with the background etc. may have something to do with the colour profile the mac is using. I don't specifically know about macs but I had a similar problem when I got a new monitor on my windows PC, dark areas were very black with no definition. When I looked in to the problem it was not using the correct colour profile under colour management for the display adapter settings.

Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

Last shot is the winner in my books too, nice work!

What do you use to edit? Personally I would have used a touch more noise reduction (Lightroom 4).

The issue you mention with the background etc. may have something to do with the colour profile the mac is using. I don't specifically know about macs but I had a similar problem when I got a new monitor on my windows PC, dark areas were very black with no definition. When I looked in to the problem it was not using the correct colour profile under colour management for the display adapter settings.
Thanks for that, I will play around with that.
And to answer your question I use photoshop and then lightroom, definitely right with the noise reduction, cheers.

Offline dkabab

Damon, firstly, you have come a long way, you're really doing well. This set is excellent.

The point you make about editing is a common problem, well i say common but not everyone notices it.
my ipad and my computer screen show fairly similar results, however i have made them that way. im sure someone like ash could or could have told us what % of users are browsing this forum on an IOS device, but i would guess pretty high, maybe 50%.... with this in mind, if you are doing any manipulation editing, you need to double check your work, especially in the whites and blacks. if you have an ipad, copy the photos onto it and check them before uploading. If all you're doing is lightroom developing, then its not as crucial.

when doing my rig shots of alvchua's 1m, i made the mistake of editing them on my monitor with the contrast turned up too high, the sky looked all white, but it wasn't until i looked at the photos on my ipad that i realised id missed half the boom still in the shot... quickly pulled them down and saved face... i'm sure no one noticed it, but it could have looked pretty amateur.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty