Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You've posted pics of the standard 458 coupe, not a Spider.

They are tagged spyder and I got them from a search on that term, looked a little different to me as in a fold down, just assumed it was correct.

Offline adam01

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

You should report them to the Internet police.   :rolleyes:

Yes well I havent seen enough of them to tell exactly that it wasn't what it was tagged as, the rear roof looked a little concave so I just assumed .......

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

There seems to be a lot of pics of the coupe' tagged spyder next to shots of the spyder itself, that's where the problem starts, those pics get indexed in Google images as spyder.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

From Drive site -

This means the biggest question mark concerns the Spider's roof. The California demonstrated Ferrari's ability to engineer a folding metal lid. The 430 Spider, however, has a traditional soft-top, given the packaging difficulties of a folding metal roof with a mid-engined car. That remains the most likely option for the new model.

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
Their taking their sweet time with the spider version! not even a prototype spotted yet!

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Their taking their sweet time with the spider version! not even a prototype spotted yet!
They might be able to disguise them so people are not noticing them. If it is a rag top maybe they are placing fake panels over the roof.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

They might be able to disguise them so people are not noticing them. If it is a rag top maybe they are placing fake panels over the roof.

Odds on it will be a rag top, when you think about it  :doh: there's nowhere for the mechanics for a metal roof to go.
You can pretty well imagine what it will look like, untidy but functional.