Offline 550JPW

Hey guys,
recently found the site and I'm impressed! Just thought I would introduce myself and look forward to getting a bit more involved along the way. I bought my 1998 550 Maranello in March this year, I've been living in London for the last 3 and a half years and couldn't fight the urge any longer. I'm originally from Melbourne and the plan is to head home some time next year, after my 12 months of ownership is up, bringing the car back under the private import route. I love the car and enjoyed a 3,000 mile drive around Belgium, France, Monaco, Italy, Switzerland and Germany in September. Nothing quite like a V12 Ferrari and I couldn't be happier I bought it, look out Melbourne in 2010!!!

Cheers,
Justin

Offline 98octane

Welcome Justin!  Car looks great.

You'll have to share with us the best bits of your 3000 mile driving route.

Did you go here on you way to Monaco (very famous hairpins on Mt Ventoux) or here (more hairpins on Alpe d'Huez)?

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Awesome stuff, the more 12 cylinder owners the better  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

Nice one justin...i am jelous....nice clean car pic....

FORZA V12....

:thumbsup:

Offline 550JPW

Cheers guys, 98Octane I missed those areas you listed as I drove down through the middle of France, over the Millau bridge and along the riviera from west to east. I did however manage to drive the Col de Turini which starts in the mountains above Nice and brings you into the hills above Monte Carlo. Also drove the Stelvio Pass in Italy, Furka Pass and San Bernardino pass in Switzerland amongst many others (basically did every one of the roads in the Top Gear greatest driving roads episode plus a few more). Also managed to hit 300+km/h on the Autobahn in Germany when the traffic relinquished for a brief moment! Great roads, saw one policeman the whole time and had an absolute blast, can't wait from next summer.

Offline cel