Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Hi all, trawling the ads at the moment and whilst my heart says a 2 seater exotic is the way to go, I know SWMBO will look more favourably upon a 4 seater to fit my 2 young terrorists!

Any thoughts/feedback/experience etc good or bad on the 612? It is a 4 seater after all, though not quite as "special" as the 599!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Online JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
SSO's garage is INSANE...includes an F50 and F40 among MANY others...and he has a 612...here's what he thinks...

http://community.evo.co.uk/users/Secret-Supercar-Owner/blogs/index.cfm/2012/6/7/SSO-Catching-Up-On-the-Ferraris
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Hi all, trawling the ads at the moment and whilst my heart says a 2 seater exotic is the way to go, I know SWMBO will look more favourably upon a 4 seater to fit my 2 young terrorists!

Any thoughts/feedback/experience etc good or bad on the 612? It is a 4 seater after all, though not quite as "special" as the 599!

OK... take all 4 for a drive and scare the bejeezuz out of them all.

They'll instantly hate it, and you can get a 2 seater.

Problem solved.

If you DON'T scare them out of it before you buy, you'll end up owning one, and then you'll scare them when you own it, which is too late, you'll be stuck with it.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Problem solved.

If you DON'T scare them out of it before you buy, you'll end up owning one, and then you'll scare them when you own it, which is too late, you'll be stuck with it.

What's scary about a 612?

Offline alvchua

Problem solved.

I like your logic!!  :scared: When I had the 997TT - we did go for drives as a family and it was quite pleasant!! But best part was driving like I stole it through the Adl Hills on Sunday mornings without them in it!!  :D

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

they're bloody fast, and rear seat occupants simply don't enjoy it most of the time.

So, if you have to drive like a nanna, get a Commodore.

Offline alvchua

must say most of the reviews state it is a capable GT car!! I drove a new 650i this week and whilst it did everything right, and doesn't look too bad, I just could not bring myself to commit as much as I love BMWs! Thinking that for the same price of a new one, and possibly get change, could get a low km 599 or 612! I know AMs are not an option for me as I cannot maouevre my way into the driver's seat without being a contortionist due to the windscreen rake! And not into MBs! Have always loved the Maser GT but for not much more, the Fezzas make sense!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Alvin, a great choice I reckon. The looks are sensitive to colour and wheels, but some of the later cars are pretty nice.   :thumbsup:

I'm loving the burgundy pearl one on Carsales....

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
I've got an inside line on a set of Tubi Loud mufflers for the F612...  Used for 48 hours.  They weren't loud enough for one of my customers. ;)

I can give you 20% off the website price.  Only one set available.  Excellent condition.  Basically new...

PM if you're interested...

Mike
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline alvchua

@mike haha I'm still a fair way off taking the plunge! Decided not to make my usual snap decision on this purchase and take my time researching and driving a few but if it is still avail by the time I decide, I'll definitely be in touch! Big fan of Tubi having run it on my 997TT when I had it! Still have the exhaust as the buyer of my car opted not to pay extra! ;-)