Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Alvin, a great choice I reckon. The looks are sensitive to colour and wheels, but some of the later cars are pretty nice.   :thumbsup:

I'm loving the burgundy pearl one on Carsales....

Burgundy and today a gray one listed though photos look fairly amateur!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline tentacles1

The grey car seems well priced.

No doubt I am in a very small minority here, but I found the 612 to be the best looking Ferrari from that era. Its subtlety is appealing.

Offline mtarone

I had a good look at the black 599 at Adelaide BMW, very very nice. I'm a little undecided on the 612's styling but I can see where are coming from in that it is more practical. Take your time and enjoy searching for a new car.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Alvin, a great choice I reckon. The looks are sensitive to colour and wheels, but some of the later cars are pretty nice.   :thumbsup:

I'm loving the burgundy pearl one on Carsales....

I agree Mark, colour makes a huge difference.  I like the 612 in the dark colours.  A lot of car for the money IMO.

A bit like the 456 (which is beautiful in the burgundy) and the new FF which both I like in the right colour (as in not red  :thumbsup:)

Offline AshMan

• Drives: Whatever they give me to drive.
Love the 599, there was a stunning looking one on CarSales which had the black rims and a matte black wrap on the roof.

Whilst trying to look for it (think it has been sold now), whilst OT, just found an F40 listed: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/ferrari-f40-1987-13192687?base=1216&vertical=Car&cr=0&eapi=2&__N=1246+1247+1252+1282+4294966380+4294918141+1216&num=15&silo=Stock&sort=default

Offline j15

So, if you have to drive like a nanna, get a Commodore.

We already have Dodger, don't need another :D

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
I had a good look at the black 599 at Adelaide BMW, very very nice. I'm a little undecided on the 612's styling but I can see where are coming from in that it is more practical. Take your time and enjoy searching for a new car.
is there another 599 there?? I thought the one traded in was sold though he did indicate he was possibly getting another tradein!!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline mtarone

is there another 599 there?? I thought the one traded in was sold though he did indicate he was possibly getting another tradein!!

No it was the same one, I was just drooling over it and the 430 spider today.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
must say most of the reviews state it is a capable GT car!! I drove a new 650i this week and whilst it did everything right, and doesn't look too bad, I just could not bring myself to commit as much as I love BMWs! Thinking that for the same price of a new one, and possibly get change, could get a low km 599 or 612! I know AMs are not an option for me as I cannot maouevre my way into the driver's seat without being a contortionist due to the windscreen rake! And not into MBs! Have always loved the Maser GT but for not much more, the Fezzas make sense!

It's a fantastic car, and on my list of cars to buy and own. There were a few dipping towards the 200K mark, and a 'low stories' car at those dollars is a lot of vehicle for the money.

I had a chance to drive both flappy paddle and manual - and the thing you notice most is that for 'regular' driving both let you drive in a reasonably smooth way for the comfort of passengers (it's no-where near as smooth for instance as the full Auto in the later Quattroporte's, but is a lot better than the flappy thing in the 360).

The one I drove for a week around Sydney was the flappy paddle. During a run in the rain I left it in 'ice' mode an doddled around town, to work, then back and I don't think I ever got out of 2nd (it doesn't shift down to 1st in this mode). If you put it in 'auto' it shifts up to 6th as quickly as it can, though with the torque from the V12 the gears seem mainly about how much noise you want to make, rather than how fast you want to move forward.

Test drive one for sure. If you come to Sydney to take a peek at any let me know and I'll try to schedule it to give you a lift.
C'mon, do it!

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The grey car seems well priced.

No doubt I am in a very small minority here, but I found the 612 to be the best looking Ferrari from that era. Its subtlety is appealing.

It's subtle (to the point of yawn inducing in pictures). In the metal it's more .... locomotive     :)
C'mon, do it!