Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ferrari and Fiat's performance division Abarth have partnered together for a surprise Frankfurt Motor Show unveiling a limited edition Fiat 500 they'll call the 695 Tributo Ferrari. So, um, when did Ferrari become Fiat's new tuning shop?

The car aims to bring new meaning to the term hot hatch. For starters, the 695 will come in the traditional Ferrari color of Scuderia Red and performance gets boosted with a 1.4-liter turbocharged petrol/gasoline engine dialed up to 180 HP mated to an F1-style 6-speed transmission with paddle-shift function. Suspension tuning will compliment the increase in power and a set of red Brembo brakes will sit behind the 17-inch alloy wheels made special for the occasion, referencing classic Ferrari design.

More; http://jalopnik.com/5354484/695-tributo-ferrari-builds-a-fiat-500

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Post Daytona Ferraris are FIATs, so what's the difference?  Maybe this one won't come with the 'sticky' interior plastics feature.   :melting:

Offline tasgirevik

• Drives: classic 911 = DD
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/motors/phil_lanning/3412781/Honey-Ive-shrunk-the-Ferrari.html

"Abarth say that 80 per cent of the buyers are already Ferrari owners who want a city runaround.

Only 152 will be built across Europe and all have been sold out. "

Offline fivesix

I spotted one of these beautiful cars in Monte Carlo! Want!

Offline tentacles1

Only 152 will be built across Europe and all have been sold out. "

Not sure where they got the figure of 152 from, add a 0 to the end and they will be closer.

Very close to being sold out here too....

Offline tentacles1

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/80000-ferrari-races-in-20110315-1bv6x.html?comments=41#comments

The comments on the article are very funny. The general assumption is that this car is being purchased by those that want a Ferrari but can't afford it. In reality it is Ferrari owners who can justify buying one of these as a toy and collectors item, hence the reason the 10 coming here were sold out before the fact that this car is coming was made public.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Five speed gearbox? That kills any interest i might have had in the Abarth (including this version) altogether for me. The 500C is a 6 speed FFS.  :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Five speed gearbox? That kills any interest i might have had in the Abarth (including this version) altogether for me. The 500C is a 6 speed FFS.  :doh:

Also, 0-100 in 7 seconds...? Fiats from the 70's were quicker. :?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Also, 0-100 in 7 seconds...? Fiats from the 70's were quicker. :?

Yes, better off with a Ford Focus RS.  :rolleyes: :D