Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

That's the dumbest car review I've read in a long time. 

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Not happy:

http://au.foreman.blogs.topgear.com/2010/02/17/california-screamin/

Stephen Corby

So, how  angry, out of 10, would you be if you bought a spanking new Ferrari California and pretty much the first bit of it you touched came off in your hand? Nine? Twelve perhaps?

Me, I’d be 472,000 kinds of furious.

Which is why I was – as implausible as this sounds – almost verging on relieved when I dropped our brutal black test car back yesterday, with still less than 4000km on the clock.

As I turned off the engine for the last time I shook my head in wonder at the Christmas tree of warning lights flashing on the dash. Just 20 minutes earlier I’d climbed in to drive the California back and been greeted by the message “CST failure – go to dealer” and a blinking traction-control-off light. I’d tried to twiddle the very F1-funky manettino dial on the steering wheel, but this had only caused a second warning message to pop up, proclaiming “manettino failure – go to dealer”. My jaw was still tapping my collar bone as I attempted to drive away, only to be strobed by yet more alerts – something about my electric park brake failing, and then the mysterious “ASR failure” light.

etc...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

The Maser Granturisimo still looks better :thumbsup:

That car is a piece of art and belongs in a Museum, looks better than anything bar non.

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

That car is a piece of art and belongs in a Museum, looks beter than anything bar non.

+1    4 the Maza....

Offline Ferrarista

+1    4 the Maza....
give me a v8 rear mounted any day.
look at all the front mount motor ferraris, name one which holds it value...575/612/550...all depreciating far too quickly,
the california will be worth $150k in 3 years!!
compare it to the rear mounted 348/355/360/430 and now 458...its just the way it should be!!
Passion For The Prancing Horse

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Offline GTBqv.au

Took one for a spin this morning :D

Run from Z up to Kew blvd via Eastern Freeway. Spent most of time in the soft mode, which is great as it is very liveable. Flicked into sport for the second half of the blvd run. A little wallowy in comfort when pressed, but tightened up nicely in sport. There were a few abrupt gear changes when puttering about, but all in all the gearbox is great. Very quick changes with the DSG. It will run in very high gears when pootling but changes down well when you are insistent. Very quiet and liveable when cruising, talk on the phone with the roof down on the freeway.

It is marketed as a GT which is where it is at. Not road/race rocket, but a very liveable road car that goes pretty hard when angry. Could fit my kids in the back. Would be a lot of $$ and will depreciate a lot I fear.

I liked it a lot. Went for a scratch in a Vantage not so long ago and came back with a list of reasons why I wouldn't buy the car. This time I only have half a million reasons.  :cool:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Dragging this old thread up since I too got a first drive yesterday...

What an amazing hider of 2 tonnes!  I have no idea what it would be like to live with on the street, as I was handed one at Eastern Creek Raceway yesterday.  But it was enough to know that it's an awesome GT.

I didn't push hard due to the greasy conditions, but it never once felt like a ponderous barge.

My blue helmet clashed badly with the red leather interior, but the rest of the guys said it suited me anyway as I lowered the roof and set off out of pitlane.    ;)

Offline TomE

I heard that the Cali was designed as a Masarati, but due to development costs they had to badge it a Ferrari to make money on it.

Anyone know if this is true?
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "