Offline dkabab

Are you saying you don't edit your pictures?

Should probably clarify what you/I mean by editing. If you are talking about contrast/saturation tweaking or cropping, then that's all I do to Motorsport photos, it doesn't change what's in the photo. If you're talking adding effects, motion blur etc... Then I don't do that.

What I don't get was you're indication that editing a photo will take it from rubbish to spectacular. If you think your photos are no good out of the camera, they won't get much better with tweaking.

Personally i think your photos are fine, but editing wouldn't change a thing.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Are you saying you don't edit your pictures?
FF, although I can certainly see where you are coming from, at this point in time, any publicity for my photos is good publicity IMO, as I am just trying to make a name for myself. Flamestone can use the pictures as long as he doesn't take the credit for them; of course, I can not really monitor that, so I will trust that Flamestone will be honest. He no reason not to be.

Exactly.

But even FF knows this, and knows me better than that.  I suspect he was just trying provoke me like he does with scud.

Of course what only AussieSpotter knew at the time of FF's stupid remarks is that I'd already PM'ed him and request he watermark the images before I give them any exposure.

That's just the way I roll.   :burnout:   :cool:

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Should probably clarify what you/I mean by editing. If you are talking about contrast/saturation tweaking or cropping, then that's all I do to Motorsport photos, it doesn't change what's in the photo. If you're talking adding effects, motion blur etc... Then I don't do that.

What I don't get was you're indication that editing a photo will take it from rubbish to spectacular. If you think your photos are no good out of the camera, they won't get much better with tweaking.

Personally i think your photos are fine, but editing wouldn't change a thing.
I was mainly thinking about what Wattens mentioned, which was the lighting. I was talking exposure, contrast, saturation, cropping ect., not photoshopping in effects. It is extremely hard to take a shot that is perfect in all of those areas without extremely good/expensive gear, and even then, im sure it's not easy. Have you ever published/sold a photo to someone that was straight off the camera? 

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

Exactly.

But even FF knows this, and knows me better than that.  I suspect he was just trying provoke me like he does with scud.

Of course what only AussieSpotter knew at the time of FF's stupid remarks is that I'd already PM'ed him and request he watermark the images before I give them any exposure.

That's just the way I roll.   :burnout:   :cool:
:thumbsup:

Offline dkabab

:scratchchin:

quiet you....

Have you ever published/sold a photo to someone that was straight off the camera? 

no, but thats what i was clarifying "editing"

if its a still photo from say a photoshoot, then yeah i edit the photos sometimes with multiple layers... but not motorsport.

It is extremely hard to take a shot that is perfect in all of those areas without extremely good/expensive gear, and even then, im sure it's not easy.

no its not easy, even with expensive gear... but with plenty of practice comes experience... where to stand, what corners to photograph at what time of the day etc...

Offline AussieSpotter

• I like fast cars

quiet you....

no, but thats what i was clarifying "editing"

if its a still photo from say a photoshoot, then yeah i edit the photos sometimes with multiple layers... but not motorsport.

no its not easy, even with expensive gear... but with plenty of practice comes experience... where to stand, what corners to photograph at what time of the day etc...
Fair enough. When I said 'I haven't edited the pictures' all I was meaning was that I haven't tweaked the contrast, saturation etc, which in my opinion makes a big difference. Also, I had very limited options on Sunday as to where I could go. Remember, I'm not an all-access professional photographer yet! Anyway, I will take your compliment, encourage any tips/constructive criticism, and leave it at that. :)

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
My 2 cents worth...  the quality of my output direct from camera has increased the busier I have become.  The more things I'm working on, then the less time I have to post-process.  So it'd better be a good enough shot right from the beginning!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Highlight of the day, by far, was B2 in his lovely yellow 308 GTB, he did a 1.56.87, which is substantially faster than any 308 has gone before by all accounts.

But then, it is a UK spec steel car, with dry sump, so what do you expect... should it be as slow as a wheezy old Aussie spec wet sumper.... no WAY ;)

http://youtu.be/VDRcoCuG6j4

GREAT lap Brett, nice clean smooth lines, smooooooth steering inputs, no wrestling or fighting... awesome stuff...

and you know there's more there... prop two more on those tyres, and another two more on new ones :tilt:

Offline nuxi

• Drives: Porsche Cayenne
  • Name: Michael
http://youtu.be/VDRcoCuG6j4

GREAT lap Brett, nice clean smooth lines, smooooooth steering inputs, no wrestling or fighting... awesome stuff...

and you know there's more there... prop two more on those tyres, and another two more on new ones :tilt:

Awesome driving!