Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I mirror exactly everything that Scott says.

BTW, for anyone interested, 348/355 crank sensors, which are extremely hard to come by and expensive according to the dealer, are Hyundai parts available everywhere and cheap :D
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I wouldn't mind paying the Dealer top money for top quality work, with genuine Ferrari parts from wherever Ferrari Italy gets them from.    However I highly doubt Ferrari Dealers in Aus would pass on any saving to the customer if they went directly to the company that makes the certain part for Ferrari Italy under licence.

If they want to charge top $$$ then replace the parts with Authentic parts from Italy, this is the whole reason why the parts are meant to cost so much, if however they are going to charge the customer the same for parts from the factory as they would going directly to for example Bosch, then they can get fucked, take it to an independnt who will do a better job and treats each customer as important, passes on any savings to the customer and where ever possible and where ever it is worth doing, repairing a part instead of simply swapping a whole assembley like the steering assembly example earlier or like how Lamborghini Australia likes to change whole E-gear systems (charging around $30k +) where all that is needed is a new Egear pump at a cost of closer to $5k + fluid.

Ive been to a couple of Ferrari dealers in the UK and one in Germany and they do a hell of a lot better job than the clowns in Sydney. They still usually use parts from the Factory from what I've seen, but the costs are much more reasonable. STill don't understand why parts get so much more expensive comming from Europe

The 3200 needed a new Throttle body, something like $6-$8k or something from Sydney, the same part flown over with all taxes and transport paid for $2500-$3000. WHy anyone other than new car owners would bother going to Ferrari dealer in Sydney at least is beyond me, maybe some people love throwing money away for substandard work at grossly inflated prices.

Only time i'd go back is with the 7 years free servicing promotion they have/had for new cars recently. But even then I remember the time they did a PPI on a Modena coupe and failed to notice the suspension issues the car had SHOWING ON THE DASH BOARD!!!! (mentioned in a thread in 2009 or 2010 if anyone can bother searching for it).

If anyone on AE still wants to go to the dealer because they think they are better, then good luck to them.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Ferrariadvocates

We enjoy supplying ferrari only parts, seeing that's the only product that we are allowed to sell. I would hate providing customers with aftermarket parts where for a tad more with us they can buy the genuine OEM product. M

A lot of the times our customers complain about non genuine products not lasting as long so they want to replace them with the genuine product.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

A lot of the times our customers complain about non genuine products not lasting as long so they want to replace them with the genuine product.

Not always true, Ferrari outsources a lot if not most of their parts. What I am saying is the dealer charges so much, you would want the exact part from Ferrari Italy as really that is what you are meant to be paying for.   Has nothing to do with aftermarket parts being better or not, rather you are paying for the exact part coming from Ferrari channels. If Fez Aus charged a fair price for their genuine parts and parrallel import parts then their wouldn't be any issue, but they flog off parts that they are getting cheaper direct from the manufacturers and claiming they are getting the parts from Ferrari which isn't always the case.
What parts don't last as long as genuine ferrari parts anyway?
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline dkabab

I wouldn't mind paying the Dealer top money for top quality work, with genuine Ferrari parts from wherever Ferrari Italy gets them from.    However I highly doubt Ferrari Dealers in Aus would pass on any saving to the customer if they went directly to the company that makes the certain part for Ferrari Italy under licence.

I'm all for making money, if you ran a business especially in this climate and you could buy from a supplier at 20-50% less, you would be stupid not to.

Offline Ferrariadvocates

I'm happy that the dealers charge more money!!!  Cause I will supply it cheaper. In some cases people are purchasing parts from the main 'European source' which do send other products than OE. At times we've seen that the thickness of the timing belts which they supply are thinner than the genuine ones that have ferrari stamped into them, although they are still from that same manufacturer that makes them for ferrari! Air filters which have fallen apart into pieces when the person has tried to remove the aftermarket el cheapo's out of the airbox. Oil filters which have leaked through. We've heard of many situations.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
Ok, for example with steering....

if you damage your steering rack, you CANNOT buy a part of it from the dealer, you must buy a whole steering rack... obviously, very expensive.

BUT, you CAN get suitable parts for a rack to be repaired in the aftermarket. But the parts look and are different to Ferrari ones, but they do work perfectly, and are safe (they're often better).

If said car happens to be under warranty, does this affect your opinion too?

Two separate issues here. Under warranty. 2. Outside warranty.

If I had a fairly new Ferrari and there was an issue with the rack then I would expect the rack to be repaired with genuine factory sourced parts and not some local substitute. I would view anything less than genuine factort parts as fraudlent misrepresentation.

If outside warranty and the dealer did that with the clients belief that genuine Ferrari parts were being used then again we have fraud. If the delaer said you can a. do this with genuine factort parts for $1000 or b. aftermarket for $500 and you agree then there is no issue. Everybody is being transparent.

Offline TEZZA

• Those Frenchies seek him everywhere

• Drives: No matter what it is I am still lusting after something better.
It depends on what the exact part is, what the invoice says it is and what I have been charged. If it's say a brake pad compound "X" and it's sourced from say Pagid, I don't give a stuff whether it comes from Pagid directly or Pagid via the Ferrari network. All I care about is the price.
If it's say a body panel, invoiced as OEM and priced as OEM and it turns out to be made in China, I would be pissed.

+1

Offline vegas

• It puts the lotion on its skinor it gets the hose

• Drives: Tesla & Ferrari

The service manager at Ferrari Brisbane (Euromaque) Keith, was very honest and helpful with this type of situation.

Example, my a/c would not get cool, so after the TX value was replaced, not rectifying the problem, it looked like the compressor needed to be either reconditioned or replaced. A replacement + labour and a genuine replacement a/c pipe – would have cost over $3000 using all Ferrari parts. He gave me the option, to have it reconditioned using internal compressor parts – from a Holden Calais and to have a replica pipe made locally – cost was half that quoted for genuine and was repaired quicker as I didn't have to wait for parts. The a/.c has been running brilliantly since then – about 2 years ago.

The point being – he told me an advance and gave me the choice and I paid a fee commensurate with what they were putting into the car. No doubt that I was charged Ferrari’s $200/ hour whereas someone like Automotion in Brisbane (who I have not used but have been informed are very very good) would have charged a much cheaper rate. But I took it to Ferrari knowing this.

The real kicker is that Keith – was recently ‘moved on’ sacked’ retrenched or whatever. My last service at Ferrari Brisbane (after he was removed) was initially $2000 – for a standard annual service – no replacement air filters as the car had only travelled 2000k’s in the past year as I was working in the middle east. ( I can already hear FF smacking his forehead – at the cost) When I pointed out that the cost was higher with less parts for the same annual service they reduced the charge, by $400 !! – in a couple of seconds – back to $1600 – the usual annual fee for a 360 at Ferrari.

I know I pay more by taking it there – but  I’m neither rich nor stupid and I know when I’m being ripped.

In summary – if Keith was still at Euromaque, I’d keep taking it they and wear the higher prices, knowing he was honest – now?? Hello Automotion!!.
It puts the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I'm all for making money, if you ran a business especially in this climate and you could buy from a supplier at 20-50% less, you would be stupid not to.

Yeah but at least tell the customer what they are getting instead of charging top dollar for a part that may not have the ferrari badge on it.   If I am paying top dollar for a part because it is meant to have the "badge" or be the exact same part as Ferrari Italy would have put in new when building the car, then why should it be a different part simply because the dealer wants to make bigger margins. Let them make the larger profit on someone else, when I pay for the "badge" or "parts channels" I expect it to be exactly what I paid for, not a parralel import or from the same production line without the badge.   Sure the part is usually the same but If you are paying for a part that is found in a Ferrari and a Holden, but the dealer gets the part with the Holden badge on it but charges you as if it has the Ferrari badge, that is wrong.   For Christ sake it is a Ferrari, they arnt the fastest or most well built cars in the world, most of the price of the car is from the badge!!!! You pay for the badge, the badge has value whether it be on a body panel or an engine component!!!
Enjoying Life!!!!