Offline apple3337

• Drives: Anything with wheels.
  • Name: Andrew
Hi guys. Is it true V12 Ferrari's depreciate more than V8's? If so, why?

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
It's is true, they depreciate......my opinion is that all rear mid mounted v8 are more desired.
A motor in the rear of a Ferrari is where it should be. How many v12's are rear mounted?
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline tdc911

It's is true, they depreciate......my opinion is that all rear mid mounted v8 are more desired.
A motor in the rear of a Ferrari is where it should be. How many v12's are rear mounted?

Really....

The most desirable and valuable Ferraris are front-engined V12s. The last two and the new flagship Ferraris are also V12s.

Offline myfazzman1

• Be prepared.Improvise, Adapt and overcome

I would suggest there are a number of reasons....

Many of the V12's were/are 4 seater "grand tourers" rather than 2 seat sports cars like the V8's.....

Complexity and associated increased running/servicing costs over the V8's may also play a part.......

Associated with this then is demand and  resale value....

The V12's generally were never as good looking as the V8's(although many will disagree and of course there are exceptions!)

Profile and "public" awareness of the V12's was historically not as high IMHO...

Enzo Ferrari is reported to have once said that a true Ferrari has to be a V12 though............

Although he also reportedly said a Jag E-type was the most beautiful car he had ever seen!!!

Offline TomE

Although he also reportedly said a Jag E-type was the most beautiful car he had ever seen!!!

Often quoted but yet to see anyone reference who he said it too, or who over heard it.

I read somewhere that Norman Dewis, the most famous Jaguar test driver / racer / legend said that his actual words were something along the lines that he wished Ferrari had designed it. But then rumours are that he didn't care for road cars, they just financed his racing.
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)

Cough cough - 250 GTO, SWB Cali, 250SWB, Daytona, original Testarossa, 212 etc etc

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Cough cough - 250 GTO, SWB Cali, 250SWB, Daytona, original Testarossa, 212 etc etc
Nasty cough you have there.....try lemsip
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline 986986

Nasty cough you have there.....try lemsip

Good idea, nasty cold I caught buying pre 1975 front engined V12 Ferrari's....although, just thinking about your tips think I will stick to my own remedys.....wouldn't want to get depreciation pneumonia

Offline 986986

F50, Enzo, 512TR, Testarossa, 512i and 512BB of course the 365GT4BB, oh and your photo being the new LaFerrari......

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
F50, Enzo, 512TR, Testarossa, 512i and 512BB of course the 365GT4BB, oh and your photo being the new LaFerrari......

Right, but anything significant?

I love my car. Buy your own