Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Yes, my question relates to modern cars IE 599 VS 430. If you bought a 430 vs 599, which one will depreciate the most from today, based on today's second hand prices. When private imports start coming I guess they get whacked again. It looks like this is what happened to 360's. Am I right there? The point of my question is: it's all very well worrying about maintenance costs, but it's the depreciation that really hurts the hip pocket.

No private imports with 430s and 599s, unless you owned it already and lived with it for over a year etc. You cannot just buy an import a Ferrari since the 360.

edit...already answered, I see.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Yes, my question relates to modern cars IE 599 VS 430. If you bought a 430 vs 599, which one will depreciate the most from today, based on today's second hand prices. When private imports start coming I guess they get whacked again. It looks like this is what happened to 360's. Am I right there? The point of my question is: it's all very well worrying about maintenance costs, but it's the depreciation that really hurts the hip pocket.

Forget the f430...

The 599 is the absolute best value Super car GT on the market!! At $250k your depreciation is going to be minimal compared to the original purchaser that shed shite loads of cash.

I was out in mine last night and after nearly a year of ownership, I still can't believe how amazing the car is for the cost.... Nothing comes close!! Nothing!
May the Horse be with you....

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Wow.....a little too much emotion....seeing has i have been known to give doctors advice, take a Valium 😇
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline 986986

• Drives: 997.2 S PDK; '12 Cayenne Diesel (family bus)
Forget the f430...

The 599 is the absolute best value Super car GT on the market!! At $250k your depreciation is going to be minimal compared to the original purchaser that shed shite loads of cash.

I was out in mine last night and after nearly a year of ownership, I still can't believe how amazing the car is for the cost.... Nothing comes close!! Nothing!

That's a really good point and something I have thought about as well.....$300k for new 991S with options , OR a low mileage 599 ...as I understand bullet proof and absolutely usable as a daily proposition, so many cars SO little time!

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

That's a really good point and something I have thought about as well.....$300k for new 991S with options , OR a low mileage 599 ...as I understand bullet proof and absolutely usable as a daily proposition, so many cars SO little time!

A 599 can be used for a daily driver, however I wouldn't as they aren't as smooth as a 991s or a c63.

I like the mod cons on newer cars like;

1) Sat Nav
2) twin clutch box.
3) rear camera etc...

Plus the tyre noise and suspension tightness can be harsh on the 599 for daily driving.

Offline apple3337

• Drives: Anything with wheels.
  • Name: Andrew
Condorman....interesting...you'd take the 599 over the F430. Just curious, why is that?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Condorman....interesting...you'd take the 599 over the F430. Just curious, why is that?

It's just a matter of taste, surely? I've driven both, and I prefer the 430.....but horses for courses.

There's no "better" or "worse", but they're very different. Test drive both before you buy.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

It's just a matter of taste, surely? I've driven both, and I prefer the 430.....but horses for courses.

There's no "better" or "worse", but they're very different. Test drive both before you buy.

599 is more of a tourer isn't it ? 430 = sports car.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Absolutely correct. The V8`s and V12`s are very different cars built for different types of driving The V8 models are more sporting and hard edged, the V12`s are more gentleman's GT cruisers. You can use a V12 as a daily driver, a V8 can be a PITA. I had to use my Scud as a daily driver for a week recently and I was glad to get back into the X5.

As an aside, I ended up with a Scuderia by default. I wanted to move on from my Granturismo 4.7 S which was my daily driver. Negotiated a deal on a 599 and went for a test drive. Thought the Granturismo did a better job in the daily driver role and it had 2 extra seats. Didn't see any point in paying another $200k for a 599. They had a Scuderia so I drove that, loved it so went for that and an X5M as the Daily car.

Offline Condor Man

• Plastic Surgeon

There is a certain element of class, style and sophistication that a 599 has vs a 430.

Added to this, it's not uncommon to see 430's driven by hero Muznuts with their stereos pumping, mag wheels, fluffy dice and gold chains....

Having 12 cylinders and 620hp is just special.... How many cars have this or more?

Not many and this is why a 599 is streets ahead of a 430.

Performance wise it the 599 is substantially in front too.