Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
But seeing this picture i wouldnt say that is exactly right...
As you can clearly see with VIC plates and i dont think this would illegally be on the car too much to risk for anybody to do that it would be very stupid.

You answered your own question right there!

Question.........

If you rob a bank and you get away with it, does that make it legal?

Offline KV

• Nee SydneyExotics

• Drives: Bugatti Veyron (model scaled 1:100)
You answered your own question right there!

Question.........

If you rob a bank and you get away with it, does that make it legal?
ohh so your saying that whoever it is driving this is driving it illegally...mmm i mean every cop would easily check the plates 1 because its left hand drive 2 because its a ferrari lol
well one thing im sure about that i wouldnt do it im sure many of you wouldnt rather get a dealers liscense and put trade plates on it..

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Same for the McLaren GTR, what a car that was! They even had it ADR approved; but it was never registered.

Didn't they get it registered with plates GTR 016 or something similar? I remember a picture of the car a few years back. Did they get the plates for another car and just put them on for show?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

ohh so your saying that whoever it is driving this is driving it illegally...mmm i mean every cop would easily check the plates 1 because its left hand drive 2 because its a ferrari lol
well one thing im sure about that i wouldnt do it im sure many of you wouldnt rather get a dealers liscense and put trade plates on it..

The owner is a rebel. He has owned the plate for years and just stuck it on for effect.
The car runs on a temp permit, which in itself is illegal.

I owned my F50 for 5 years and looked into what can and can't be done legally. In the end I cracked the shits and sold it because I was sick of walking into the garage every day knowing that I couldn't just get in and drive it on the road whenever I felt the urge. Now if it ain't registered, I'm not interested!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Didn't they get it registered with plates GTR 016 or something similar? I remember a picture of the car a few years back. Did they get the plates for another car and just put them on for show?

Probably the photo I took of it and posted on F-Chat.
The car wore thar number plate for effect; but it wasn't registered due to the taxes. However, they had the ADR compliance plate for it. I know because I held the plate in my hands. They got it with the involvement of the McLaren factory, who were after all the manufacturer. Makes all the difference when dealing with the Government paper pushers.

Offline ACP

Probably the photo I took of it and posted on F-Chat.
The car wore thar number plate for effect; but it wasn't registered due to the taxes. However, they had the ADR compliance plate for it. I know because I held the plate in my hands. They got it with the involvement of the McLaren factory, who were after all the manufacturer. Makes all the difference when dealing with the Government paper pushers.

Do you remember how much it they wanted for it on the road back then with all taxes paid? $3.5m rings a bell?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Do you remember how much it they wanted for it on the road back then with all taxes paid? $3.5m rings a bell?

I don't remember exactly; but I don't think it was as high as that.

Offline ACP

I don't remember exactly; but I don't think it was as high as that.

I read somewhere that BF's current car went from Dean Wills to Tony Raftis then to BF for around $2.7m back whenever it was and that the two GTRs that came in (and left) were slighty more expensive. In any case, good to see that an F1 as a modern(ish) car appreciate in value.

Offline KV

• Nee SydneyExotics

The owner is a rebel. He has owned the plate for years and just stuck it on for effect.
The car runs on a temp permit, which in itself is illegal.

I owned my F50 for 5 years and looked into what can and can't be done legally. In the end I cracked the shits and sold it because I was sick of walking into the garage every day knowing that I couldn't just get in and drive it on the road whenever I felt the urge. Now if it ain't registered, I'm not interested!
Yes he would be but i actually thought about this  :scratchchin: Just say you had a LHD car which was unregisterable which was under 25 years e.g the F40. I think that guy registered the plate to a Red F430 or maybe an old red Ferrari over 25 years(since you wouldnt want to look sus) so when cops check the plate in their system it would come up as a red ferrari and drive off. I dont think they would know about models such as F40, F430 etc. So i think they would do a quick check and drive off maybe thats what this guy is doing  :scratchchin: and it looks like he is getting away with it!

Yea as much as i could imagine owning an F50 would be very nice just even looking at it everyday but knowing you cant drive it...that just ruins it.  Haha when did you sell it? I reckon you should've got a dealers liscense and put on trade plates!

Offline KV

• Nee SydneyExotics

Wow i also just realised the heading of this topic has been changed!  :scratchchin: