Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
it got sold off not long ago... about a mil I recall??

Sold at the first RM auction in Maranello (pre GFC) for a pretty reasonable price............. something like a couple of hundred grand as I recall. Went to Germany and was sold again in the recent past.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
it got sold off not long ago... about a mil I recall??

Yes I remember it now, there was an episode about it on Foxtel on that Auction and yes that car was on it, as well as other nice and rare cars. The episode also explained how the Ferrari Restorers section at Maranello worked and that they give you a certificate of originality afterwards or something like that.... If I find it online i'll post a link on here.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/273832/new_ferrari_gt_revealed.html

New Ferrari GT revealed

Text: Sam Hardy / Photos: Milos Dvorak

Ferrari 599 replacement will get a 700bhp 6.3-litre V12, new gearbox and lighter weight for stunning performance

Ferrari will unveil a replacement for the 599 GTB Fiorano at the Geneva Motor Show next March – and the new two-seat supercar will be more powerful and lighter than before, making it one of the company’s fastest-ever models.

Prototypes of the new car, codenamed F152, have already been spotted near the firm’s Maranello base in Italy. They’re said to be putting a new engine and transmission, developed from the FF’s, through its paces.

And that’s one of the keys to the new car’s appeal. Positioned as an out-and-out hyper GT, the new 599 will feature an even more powerful version of the FF’s 6.3-litre V12 direct-injection engine, producing 700bhp. That will make it the most powerful car in the range, with 50bhp more than the FF and 88bhp more than the current car.

Unlike the FF, it won’t feature four-wheel drive – all that power will be sent to the rear wheels through the FF’s seven-speed twin-clutch transmission, with an F1-style electronic differential.

Under the skin, the newcomer will have adaptive dampers and continue to make extensive use of aluminium. A wide mix of alloys will feature in its new chassis, which was developed from the FF’s, but will have a shorter wheelbase.

Together with the extra power, this will ensure a top speed of 215mph and a 0-62mph time of 3.2 seconds – about as fast as a Lamborghini Aventador.

Styling will be evolutionary, taking inspiration from the 458 and FF, with a strip of LED daytime running lights at the front, a 599 GTO-inspired diffuser at the rear and dramatic buttresses either side of the rear window.

Sales of the new car will start in late 2012, and the price is set to increase from the current car’s £212,000 to around £225,000.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline dkabab

Offline iwantaredferrari

• iwant-another-redferrari

• Drives: Ferrari 360 Modena

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

it wont look anything like that

No, it'll look better than that and it will be a weapon with that engine plus the double clutch gearbox the Lambo is missing.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I think auto express usually get it about right....

I like it.

Offline dkabab

No, it'll look better than that and it will be a weapon with that engine plus the double clutch gearbox the Lambo is missing.

yep, hopefully its not to big and bulky like the 599 though... the 550/575 was a good size

I think auto express usually get it about right....

I like it.

yeah magazines are always so close especially when they photoshop the previous model.... like this the now 612scaglietti.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

yep, hopefully its not to big and bulky like the 599 though... the 550/575 was a good size

yeah magazines are always so close especially when they photoshop the previous model.... like this the now 612scaglietti.

most mags get it wrong, but I think auto express are better than most.