Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Yeah, and thanks for the reminder of "that" thread!   :doh:

LOL - I didn't recall the thread or context, my brain/database works on keywords. :D

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

LOL - I didn't recall the thread or context, my brain/database works on keywords. :D

Er, that was the 308GTSi on eBay thread that belonged to my Bro-in-law. That's all I'll say.   :o

P.S. that was some of my handy work with the camera, don't know if it looked alright or not????

Offline dkabab

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

what if the owner is a diplomat.....  :D

Sorry dude, still can't.

The following persons are not eligible to import a vehicle under the Personal Import Scheme:

visitors
temporary residents
foreign diplomatic personnel
companies and
corporations

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
if the F40 was never road registrable here in Australia, why did ferrari allow the import of the cars? or where they bought in another country and then shipped to here? 

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

if the F40 was never road registrable here in Australia, why did ferrari allow the import of the cars? or where they bought in another country and then shipped to here? 

Bingo, they were never sold here new and(correct me if I am wrong) I think that they are all LHD anyway.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Bingo, they were never sold here new and(correct me if I am wrong) I think that they are all LHD anyway.

All F40's were made in LHD and painted in Red i believe. since they were never sold by Ferrari Australia do we know how many we have in the country? since i assume there isn't a record of sales...

Offline dkabab

All F40's were made in LHD and painted in Red i believe. since they were never sold by Ferrari Australia do we know how many we have in the country? since i assume there isn't a record of sales...

there were a few RHD's made or converted for the sultan of brunei. i know one is now in public hands. simillar to the f50's....

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I remember you could bring a car into Australia and not be required to register locally if it was registered overseas but the catch was it had to leave the country every year.

So buy car in the USA bring it to Australia and then each year have a holiday in New Zealand with your Registered Left Hand Drive visitor import.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I remember you could bring a car into Australia and not be required to register locally if it was registered overseas but the catch was it had to leave the country every year.

So buy car in the USA bring it to Australia and then each year have a holiday in New Zealand with your Registered Left Hand Drive visitor import.

Those rules have changed now, that loop hole has been closed.  :(