Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
They can't be used on Australian roads LEGALLY on permits, trade plates or anything else- end of story no matter what anybody tells you.
It's one of those "it isn't a problem until it's a problem and then it's a MAJOR PROBLEM" situations. The only time I have legally used my F50 on the road was a special use permit for the Ferrari 60th Birthday parade. Even then it had to go to the head of the department at Vicroads for sign off and I had a defined route, start time and end time for the permit. All other permits are specifically for the purpose of getting the car registered and as there is no way to get it registered, doing that has no legal standing.

Every time you see one of these cars on the roads it isn't there legally. The driver had better hope that he doesn't have an accident, especially if someone is injured.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
They can't be used on Australian roads LEGALLY on permits, trade plates or anything else- end of story no matter what anybody tells you.

Every time you see one of these cars on the roads it isn't there legally. The driver had better hope that he doesn't have an accident, especially if someone is injured.

some would argue with you, and have successfully won court cases about it.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Right now, the best option would be to buy an F40, and rather than have it here and pay the HUGE tax bill... just buy some property in the US, and keep the car there, and visit it 4 or 5 times a year.

You'd spend less than buying a car here you can't drive legally AND you'd have a holiday home.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I remember you could bring a car into Australia and not be required to register locally if it was registered overseas but the catch was it had to leave the country every year.

So buy car in the USA bring it to Australia and then each year have a holiday in New Zealand with your Registered Left Hand Drive visitor import.

No, the best thing to do is buy an F40 where ever you can get a good one, house it in NZ and the $300k you save in crap taxes here invest to fund your travel to NZ to drive it. :D

:drive:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Right now, the best option would be to buy an F40, and rather than have it here and pay the HUGE tax bill... just buy some property in the US, and keep the car there, and visit it 4 or 5 times a year.

You'd spend less than buying a car here you can't drive legally AND you'd have a holiday home.

How??? I have a van in the US but I can't have it rego'ed in my name as I am not a US citizen.
I had to have it rego'ed in a mates name and it is garaged at his place.

Offline dkabab

How??? I have a van in the US but I can't have it rego'ed in my name as I am not a US citizen.

duel citizenship

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

lol

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

duel citizenship

You know how hard that is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It was hard enough getting a work Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

You know how hard that is?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It was hard enough getting a work Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mondi, if Rupert Murdoch can do it, anyone can!  :)