Offline Kelsa

• Token Asian Guy
  • Crazy Chinaman @ Work

Mondi, if Rupert Murdoch can do it, anyone can!  :)

LOL

that's like saying if Olando Broom can bang Miranda Kerr, then anyone can ROFL!!! :D

Offline jmillard308

• Carpet Muncher

The only time I have legally used my F50 on the road was a special use permit for the Ferrari 60th Birthday parade.

And when it was in WA

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
some would argue with you, and have successfully won court cases about it.

I know about that case and person and it probably isn't wise to go into great detail other than to say his trade plate is as an importer and not an LMCT. It gives him different rights- hence the court case win .

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

And when it was in WA

Oops sorry you are correct John. Again that was a specific event permit, and probably the only time that I enjoyed driving that car on the road.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I know about that case and person and it probably isn't wise to go into great detail other than to say his trade plate is as an importer and not an LMCT. It gives him different rights- hence the court case win .

i'll ask him tonight if there's a difference or not. my understanding is no, but it pays to ask.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

i'll ask him tonight if there's a difference or not. my understanding is no, but it pays to ask.

There is. It gives him the same rights as GMH and FORD and any other manufacturer/importer to test vehicles. If you look up the trade plate rules on VicRoads website you will see that there are different classes of trade plates, it isn't a one size fits all type deal.

If anyone out in cyber space is thinking of trying to get one of these, it's even more difficult than getting an LMCT.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If anyone out in cyber space is thinking of trying to get one of these, it's even more difficult than getting an LMCT.

Getting an LMCT was somewhat like having your head beaten in by a big biker dude. Only that would have been more fun and less painful!!!!  :rolleyes:  :grumpy:

Offline dkabab

Oops sorry you are correct John. Again that was a specific event permit, and probably the only time that I enjoyed driving that car on the road.

ivery time i see you post about the f50, on here or fchat, you never seem to be happy with the car.
Can I ask why you don’t enjoy it on the roads…?
Is it the value or the ride quality…. Other cars getting way to close to get a look etc…?

Even if it was RHD and street legal. Would you still be hesitant to drive it on the road?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

ivery time i see you post about the f50, on here or fchat, you never seem to be happy with the car.
Can I ask why you don’t enjoy it on the roads…?
Is it the value or the ride quality…. Other cars getting way to close to get a look etc…?

Even if it was RHD and street legal. Would you still be hesitant to drive it on the road?

I am very happy with the car. It just isn't very pleasant at legal road speeds and it isn't legal to be there isn the first place. If you read my F50 thread on F-Chat it has been covered many times.
Under 4000rpm the car has a lot of NVH and lets face it, 4000 rpm in any gear beyond first will lose your license for you in the police state of Victoria.

It is much better to exploit the cars performance envelope on the track where the car shines. In that environment it is pretty spectacular for a road car, certainly light years better than any other road car that I have driven. I normally take both the F50 and the 360 N-GT to the track to maximise value for the cost of the day. Both cars get a decent run, though the N-GT is the most fun as you would expect.

Offline dkabab

I am very happy with the car. It just isn't very pleasant at legal road speeds and it isn't legal to be there isn the first place. If you read my F50 thread on F-Chat it has been covered many times.
Under 4000rpm the car has a lot of NVH and lets face it, 4000 rpm in any gear beyond first will lose your license for you in the police state of Victoria.

It is much better to exploit the cars performance envelope on the track where the car shines. In that environment it is pretty spectacular for a road car, certainly light years better than any other road car that I have driven. I normally take both the F50 and the 360 N-GT to the track to maximise value for the cost of the day. Both cars get a decent run, though the N-GT is the most fun as you would expect.

thanks, i assumed as much, i have looked through your f50 thread on fchat, but mostly paid attention to the pretty pictures... can you blame me?