Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

In the nicest possible way, GET OVER IT!
There are a few guys on this thread and on others that have almost unlimited resources and buy hugely expensive cars frequently, but the rest of us do not, and as such, the car trade are going to consider us "punters" and that is all there is to it. I have been watching this thread and I notice that the majority of moral outrage here is coming from the 35 and under brigade who wish for better treatment because they are young and wealthy.........Guy's it doesn't matter how much money you have.........you're young and wether you accept it or not, you are the exception to the rule! In the bulk of the population, it is not "normal" for people under the age of 40 or 45 to have had enough time to accumulate the resources that allow them to buy exotic cars or boats or expensive houses and as such, the people who sell these things do not always think that young people have the means to be able to complete on such transactions. It is not an insult aimed at you personally, it is just social conditioning......it just happens, it always has happened and it always will happen until the bulk of mankind under the age of 40 is able to have everything they want when they want it.

Now, before you "young and rightous" set to flaming me, I will offer the following qualification: I admire that you guys who are 20-21-22-and upwards to 35yrs old are able to generate sufficient income and amass such fortunes that you can buy exotic cars, boats, houses, etc......and for my part, I apoligise on behalf of the sceptical over 35's in all trades and spheres of employment who have, and continue to treat you in a way that belies your financial status.

I do also add the following homily.........care less about how much importance the Ferrari salesman places on your financial capabilities and care more about how the "average man" sees you as a person.

Can we talk more about F40's now? 
Always Gunna

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
There are a few guys on this thread and on others that have almost unlimited resources and buy hugely expensive cars frequently, but the rest of us do not, and as such, the car trade are going to consider us "punters" and that is all there is to it. I have been watching this thread and I notice that the majority of moral outrage here is coming from the 35 and under brigade who wish for better treatment because they are young and wealthy.........Guy's it doesn't matter how much money you have.........you're young and wether you accept it or not, you are the exception to the rule! In the bulk of the population, it is not "normal" for people under the age of 40 or 45 to have had enough time to accumulate the resources that allow them to buy exotic cars or boats or expensive houses and as such, the people who sell these things do not always think that young people have the means to be able to complete on such transactions. It is not an insult aimed at you personally, it is just social conditioning......it just happens, it always has happened and it always will happen until the bulk of mankind under the age of 40 is able to have everything they want when they want it.

Now, before you "young and rightous" set to flaming me, I will offer the following qualification: I admire that you guys who are 20-21-22-and upwards to 35yrs old are able to generate sufficient income and amass such fortunes that you can buy exotic cars, boats, houses, etc......and for my part, I apoligise on behalf of the sceptical over 35's in all trades and spheres of employment who have, and continue to treat you in a way that belies your financial status.

I do also add the following homily.........care less about how much importance the Ferrari salesman places on your financial capabilities and care more about how the "average man" sees you as a person.

Well said......No objection here even though I am a little below the age threshold stipulated :D

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
<snip old man rant>

Shuddup grandpa or I'll have my gold plated bouncer swing by to break your walking cane and replace your false teeth with otters.   :D
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

replace your false teeth with otters.   :D

The idea of otters in my mouth is strangely not all that unappealing........Im going back to my rocking chair to ponder that! :eek:
Always Gunna

Offline app

Shuddup grandpa or I'll have my gold plated bouncer swing by to break your walking cane and replace your false teeth with otters.   :D

wooden cane? :D :p

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
lol you guys

so F40 = Good

F40 + accident on the road = bad
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The truth is that most people in Australia will never own a new car in their lives - and I mean any new car, even a cheap model.  Needless to say, most who visit here will never own an exotic either.  Whether you aspire to the latest Golf or a Veyron, statistically you'll be lucky if you get either.

Car salesmen can be good or bad - just like the rest of us.  I see them as someone who might help me get a car that I want.  I don't expect much and therefore I'm seldom disappointed.  Like all of us in business, they'll give the best service to proven buyers of what they are selling. 

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The truth is that most people in Australia will never own a new car in their lives - and I mean any new car, even a cheap model.  Needless to say, most who visit here will never own an exotic either.  Whether you aspire to the latest Golf or a Veyron, statistically you'll be lucky if you get either.

Car salesmen can be good or bad - just like the rest of us.  I see them as someone who might help me get a car that I want.  I don't expect much and therefore I'm seldom disappointed.  Like all of us in business, they'll give the best service to proven buyers of what they are selling. 

Agreed. That's the exact reason Mondi never has to line up to buy a flannelette bogan shirt.
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Correct!.................... :thumbsup:
Always Gunna

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Agreed. That's the exact reason Mondi never has to line up to buy a flannelette bogan shirt.

Correct again..............................and when you have time, I wouldnt mind discussing that "otter" thing some more? :eek:

:p
Always Gunna