Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
One of the most exclusive Ferrari supercars has crashed in the Netherlands near Rotterdam. The Ferrari F50 drove on the A20 highway when the driver lost control of the Italian supercar. The vehicle hit a tree next to the exit Zevenkamp.

A child was driving along with his farther in the Ferrari. The child got injured, broke both legs and was brought to hospital. The 56-year old driver had minor injuries.

As you can see on the pictures, the supercar is ready for the scrap yard.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2009/12/12/car-crashes-ferrari-f50-crashed-in-holland/

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Quote from: JazzyO
We recently had welcomed an F-50 into our borders, here in Holland. Unfortunately the owner has not been in a position to enjoy it for long as he crashed it this morning. The owner and his 3-year old son had to be cut from the car, the driver being unhurt but his son was hurt. Fortunately it seems he will recover, let's hope for a speedy recovery.

http://www.ferrarilife.com/forums/showthread.php?p=105240#post105240

Quote from: IPF
Apparently the story - from another Dutch source - is the driver was pulling away from a traffic light and within 80 yards of it somehow skidded and lost control of the car, reportedly not even at that high speed (yet), i.e. below 30 mph (as stated by him). Can't judge how that account would tally with damage as extensive as this.

No clue about the driver's capabilities either, but the fact is - as Onno states above - that this F50 had been in NL for only a few months now, i.e. the owner has only had it for that long. Then again, I believe he owned other Ferrari's before (though likely not that potent).

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
the kids was 3 years old?

WTF would you even put a 3 year old in a car like that for?

It's entirely possible the tyres were 10 years old or more and the thing had no grip, but even so, you gotta be doing something really silly to do that, especially with a kid in the car...

crazy.

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Amazingly, I was just talking to a Dutch friend last night about how there was only one F50 in Holland.  :doh:

Offline cel

I just missed out on seeing that F50 when I was at an Italian car event in Holland last October, it was at the Fchat parking for a few hours and left right before I arrived

Offline beankeen456

the kids was 3 years old?

WTF would you even put a 3 year old in a car like that for?

It's entirely possible the tyres were 10 years old or more and the thing had no grip, but even so, you gotta be doing something really silly to do that, especially with a kid in the car...

crazy.
im sure the owner loved his ferrari and just made a mistake on road and he probs just want to go for a drive with his kid

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
im sure the owner loved his ferrari and just made a mistake on road and he probs just want to go for a drive with his kid
if the kid IS 3 years old, it won't give a toss whether it's in a red Ferrari F50 or a red Honda Civic Type R.

Kids and Ferrari's do not mix well.

By all means let 'em have a look and even a sit and play inside, but at 2 ft tall and 3 years old, they don't like riding in them in the same way YOU do.