Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
time for F50 GT1 004 :mischief:

LOL, do you realize that there is only one true F50 GT ? S/N's 002 and 003 were built from spares after Ferrari had sold S/N 001 to a collector telling him this was the only example in existence? He sued them and sought the destruction of the cars produced afterwards and all spares. Like I said, it's a weird world ;)

Offline dkabab

LOL, do you realize that there is only one true F50 GT ? S/N's 002 and 003 were built from spares after Ferrari had sold S/N 001 to a collector telling him this was the only example in existence? He sued them and sought the destruction of the cars produced afterwards and all spares. Like I said, it's a weird world ;)

It's my holy grail..... Know all about it

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
It takes time and money to custom make complex parts and when you are done they would be tainted because they are not original and OEM is all important in the  blue chip collector market. Aftermarket hot rodding is an even bigger sin and
you destroy the value and desirability of the car, especially if the original parts are not with the car. Weird world perhaps; but that's the way it is.

I understand the market and your point of view, I would buy to keep not sell. I don't give a shit about purist blue chip market. That would not bother me, fix it up and use it and enjoy the build.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I understand the market and your point of view, I would buy to keep not sell. I don't give a shit about purist blue chip market. That would not bother me, fix it up and use it and enjoy the build.

Fair enough. It's not just my point of view BTW :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

It's my holy grail..... Know all about it

Then you would know it wasn't actually good enough to race and win and the project was axed after the prototype was built and tested. The collector who bought the prototype had a to sign a declaration that it would never be raced.
He has tracked it a bit though and it has been crashed twice by professional drivers.

I saw S/N 003 on it's one and only outing while it was in Oz at Phillip Island. Sounded magnificent and looked pretty fast in the hands of the owner. I asked him if he would drive it again and he said "No, I've driven it once and know how it works, no need to go there again". I've got pictures on another computer.
It sat for about 18mths at MM in Richmond and then was sold to England.

Offline djt77

With only 4 of them in Australia I don't like the chances of borrowing anything to copy either.

WOW I wasn't aware there were any F50's still in Oz.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

With only 4 of them in Australia I don't like the chances of borrowing anything to copy either.

WOW I wasn't aware there were any F50's still in Oz.

AFAIK they are all still here.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Any idea on how many Enzo's are in Australia?
May the Horse be with you....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Any idea on how many Enzo's are in Australia?

Never been interested in them myself so I've never looked into it too much. An educated guess would be two for sure-
Lindsay Fox & Laurie Sutton (ex importer). About a dozen were originally sold to Australian's; but the rest flipped them for profit (5 that I know of) or kept them overseas. The yellow one that MM had years ago was sold to the middle east from memory.

There was an FXX in WA too for a while; but not sure if it's still here.