Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Once again, you can get EXACTLY that same original look with the BSM system.

But what I don't understand is why you'd bother? All the original bits can go back if you like. However, You can get more voltage and therefore a better spark with the full BSM system, and you don't have to choose which is the closest curve you'd like to have from the ones provided, you custom design the one that suits your car perfectly, and upload it from your computer, with an alternative curve available at the flick of a switch.

The standard caps are rubbish, btw. They arch and crack. They're 30 years old. Just for the sake or original looking? It's fucking madness!....esp since all the old shit can be bolted back on.

In my book, you get the best and forget the rest. That's all, folks.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve
Once again, you can get EXACTLY that same original look with the BSM system.

But what I don't understand is why you'd bother? All the original bits can go back if you like. However, You can get more voltage and therefore a better spark with the full BSM system, and you don't have to choose which is the closest curve you'd like to have from the ones provided, you custom design the one that suits your car perfectly, and upload it from your computer, with an alternative curve available at the flick of a switch.

The standard caps are rubbish, btw. They arch and crack. They're 30 years old. Just for the sake or original looking? It's fucking madness!....esp since all the old shit can be bolted back on.

In my book, you get the best and forget the rest. That's all, folks.

Hey don't offend the purist it was made that way :-)

Offline Aircon

Hey don't offend the purist it was made that way :-)

Yeah....I should have kept the points, springs and weights and relied on them....since they were so consistent and reliable. :)

Offline Aircon

Partly correct.

I drove it with std advance. It was ok. Then I re calibrated the advance. It made much more torque and the advance wont need any work for 5 years or maybe 25000 km. Even then it'll probably be ok.

No idea how much power it has but I'd say probably less than 270bhp.
Its faster than yours was when I knew it. Not sure of course what you've done since.

I dont believe that if you put same tyres on yours it would do the same lap time as brett, even if he or you drove both. We'll probably never know.

I'm an idiot for missing this........both you and Brett have sworn black and white that Brett's car is completely standard apart from the usual high compression pistons everyone fits...yet here you are saying Brett's car would be faster than mine DESPITE mine being lowered, having the sump baffle, 50% stiffer springs and shockers to match, 270hp AND about 50kg lighter.

hmmmmmmmm....what did you REALLY DO to Brett's car?

I trust Brett and believe what he says, but he's only saying what you tell him. Have you made Brett an accidental cheat??

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Make it stop........

Now its saying I give away modifications and upgraded for free....

Which is it?

Mr hypocrite is losing the plot....

Mondi... you have the power.....

Offline Aircon

Make it stop........

Now its saying I give away modifications and upgraded for free....

Which is it?

Mr hypocrite is losing the plot....

Mondi... you have the power.....

Listen, I'm not in the car business.....I'm not touting work for myself or anyone, unlike you. There are just better alternatives IMO. I'm a car nut, I love talking about them and enjoy helping people who are like minded with my own experiences.

Just because my opinions don't agree with yours, doesn't make them wrong, and if I were a third party reading the crap you fill the forum with, I'd be viewing your posts with a huge amount of cynicism for the reason I just mentioned.

I know a lot....not because I'm particularly smart, but because over the 36 years of exotic ownership, I've seen it all....and you're just "another one" of those people who make exotic ownership unpleasant. It simply doesn't need to be, as lots of people know or are slowly learning.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Again, enough on this subject.

Locked.

I am leaving this one here as well but as stated I will just move anything that ends in an FF/PP shit fight to the Waste Lands.

I have bigger fish to fry at the moment.