Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
Drove the 308 in the wet today. It didn't turn into rust....and it didn't shrink, even though the Golf makes it look like it did.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Drove the 308 in the wet today. It didn't turn into rust....and it didn't shrink, even though the Golf makes it look like it did.

Amazing contrast. It shows how small the 308 is - and that the Golf is a bigger car than we sometimes realise. I love the colour of your car too. :thumbsup:

Offline 355Aussie

Don't you hate it when a car park is empty they always have to park next to you!!!!!

Offline Aircon

Don't you hate it when a car park is empty they always have to park next to you!!!!!

Lol

That's not actually what happened. The car park was full and when I came back that was all that was left.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Removed!!
I'd buy a moisture meter,to measure how much moisture is in the internals of the door.

Friend of mine had a glass GTB,was always talking about hidden metal areas and rust moisture.

Offline Aircon

I'd buy a moisture meter,to measure how much moisture is in the internals of the door.

Friend of mine had a glass GTB,was always talking about hidden metal areas and rust moisture.

You don't have to worry about all that stuff when the car's had a first class restoration by first class tradespeople like mine has.

I'm happy to drive that car rain, hail or shine.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
You don't have to worry about all that stuff when the car's had a first class restoration by first class tradespeople like mine has.

I'm happy to drive that car rain, hail or shine.

It's just a matter of time before all the original hidden rust issues resurface. A quality restoration buys time; but it's eventually going to come back again. Even the very best restorations will buy perhaps 15 years of use before you need to start again.

Note I said quality restoration too. That applies to very, very, very few V8 Ferraris. Most get a piss coat and the obvious cosmetic items refreshed and the hidden areas are left to fester untouched. I can think of 3 Victorian 308's off the top of my head that have had full Monty resto's. There are probably more that I haven't seen; but most are shit when you start to look hard at them.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

It's just a matter of time before all the original hidden rust issues resurface. A quality restoration buys time; but it's eventually going to come back again. Even the very best restorations will buy perhaps 15 years of use before you need to start again.

Note I said quality restoration too. That applies to very, very, very few V8 Ferraris. Most get a piss coat and the obvious cosmetic items refreshed and the hidden areas are left to fester untouched. I can think of 3 Victorian 308's off the top of my head that have had full Monty resto's. There are probably more that I haven't seen; but most are shit when you start to look hard at them.
One would hate to own one and live by the sea...as I said he needs to buy a moisture meter.

Offline Aircon

You might be right, but I don't think so because the problem arose in the first place because of the type of steel used and the way it was installed. When it's done again with properly treated steel and in a way that avoids the issues of the original installation, I don't see why it should happen again, particularly the rusting of the door internals. Time will tell.

Offline 355Aussie

AT last someone else that drives their car rain, hail or shine.

To many GQ's in Sydney.

I drive it rain, hail and shine and it still looks in better condition than the GQ's Fezzas out there.

Which proves you can have the car looking pristine and still put the k's on it.