Offline S4Simon

• The Rubber King of Adelaide

• Drives: Something a metre high
If it were me I'd just drop in and chat with them.  For one you'll be able talk with a knowledgeable person, if not the boss there.  I went in and had a chat and the insurance was done even though the car was still in the container and it was going to be driven on UK plates for a while.  That Ferrari stuff is pure cr*nonsense*ap. 

Which state are you in ?
I've been rich & I've been poor...

Rich is better

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
i'm in Melbourne..I didn't think it would be too much trouble insuring a TR.  Who do you recommend?
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Did you tell them the car isn't on bogan soil yet?  That's probably a factor, it might have to wait until the car has passed all ADRs and is road legal.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Did you tell them the car isn't on bogan soil yet?  That's probably a factor, it might have to wait until the car has passed all ADRs and is road legal.

+1. 

Are you planning to garage it properly?  Will it be kept in a high risk area? Shannons insure a lot of Ferraris to people who have never owned them before so something isn't right here.  Of course, if you have made other past non-motor claims that were debated at the time that will also affect your ability to gain insurance.

No reflection on the current situation, but insurers will often claim a rejection is for reasons other than the real one - to be polite.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

hi..garaged in a high security garage with video surveilllance in a very low risk area.  No previous insurance claims. Who do you guys insure with? What sort of premium should i expect to pay?  I'll wait a couple of weeks and do the ring around again.  Any tips/advice on owning a TR?  What should i look out for.  Any common problems?  We have 2 Merc ML in our fleet and I can tell you all the common problems on these.  Is the TR in the same boat?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

hi..garaged in a high security garage with video surveilllance in a very low risk area.  No previous insurance claims. Who do you guys insure with? What sort of premium should i expect to pay?  I'll wait a couple of weeks and do the ring around again.  Any tips/advice on owning a TR?  What should i look out for.  Any common problems?  We have 2 Merc ML in our fleet and I can tell you all the common problems on these.  Is the TR in the same boat?

My Gallardo was insured for market value with Shannons and I was paying about $4K from memory.  Are you insuring in your own name with only named drivers garaged at home with limited kms? Or through your company? 

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

insuring in my own name. no other drivers.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Well, you certainly sound like you are doing everything right.  I would get along to the Shannon's stand at the Motor Show (you are in Melbourne, right?) and ask them again in person.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

yeah good idea...i'll keep hounding these guys