Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline Off the wall racer

While the 360 looks good to me, as I don't care about the mud, I need a 430 body. There was a picture from an unidentified paper which didn't list the city but did say it was a result of flooding in Australia showing a whole dealership of exotics with basically a river running through the parking lot. It wasn't just one car. It did mention that one car was a F430 specifically though. So, it is an exotics dealer somewhere in Australia, but I don't know where. (I know, small country, right :)
AshSimmons- unfortunately, the Traq Mate did not record the video for the wreck. Sometimes it does video and data, sometimes just video (more likely), but this time it just did data only. That is one of the first things I checked. I was told by another driver (who slowed way off) that someone dumped some anti freeze on track after or in turn one, but I didn't see it. I wouldn't mind seeing video or pics myself. I can tell you this much, without the cage and other very good safety equipment, plus a great rescue team, I wouldn't be wondering about video... I was upside down at the end, with a strong smell of gasoline (from a cracked filler tube to the fuel cell) and did not move an inch when I released the six point harness- couldnt get out without help as roof crushed around and, in places, below cage, not to mentions doors, etc... So, a new roof is on my list :)

Offline AshMan

• Drives: Whatever they give me to drive.
Sounds like more like a total write off with the amount of damage? Surely the car wouldn't be as good being patched up?

Offline fivesix

Sounds like more like a total write off with the amount of damage? Surely the car wouldn't be as good being patched up?
:confused: x2

What happens to the chassis in these after a prang like that? 

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
That could be why hes after a water damaged car guys... he doesn't need the mechanicals just a shell.

Offline Off the wall racer

The structure is actually fine. Ferrari casts a one piece aluminum tub that is rather a true wonder of engineering, as it turns out. Couple of bent tail pieces to replace, but otherwise fine. The engine is fine, as is the transmission, F1 system, most of interior, electronics/computers, and some other key parts. The suspension is made to sheer away on impact, which it did fully on 3 of 4 wheels and 1/2 on the 4th, but that is just bolts, with the exception of one upper A arm. Really, just body panels by and large, plus a few items like radiators. There are some folks in Charlotte, NC who are great at fixing stuff like that, and not too expensive- ex-NASCAR guys. A flood car would be worthless as a car, but good for body panels and a few parts to me.
Anyone know where/who the dealship is with the river runs through it syndrome?

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.