Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

+1

Have seen various memorabilia photos on Fchat by 360C and for sure he's building up an impressive and highly fascinating collection there.

Will just about be able to turn it into a museum soon :o

One final off topic post as it's Alvin's thread.
If Ash/Alvin wants to move the off topic stuff to another thread in the appropriate place I'll add to it if people are interested.

The latest addition to my collection is a 180 cm (6ft) 55 kg Bronze Cavallino for my Garage wall.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
If Ash/Alvin wants to move the off topic stuff to another thread in the appropriate place I'll add to it if people are interested.

Sure, I've only just been scanning this thread - will go back through and see what to snip/call it.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Pictures are titled 1800cm.....

Bloody hell, thats over 50 feet, do they have aircraft warning lamps on top?

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Sure, I've only just been scanning this thread - will go back through and see what to snip/call it.

Good call Ash :)

Offline app

Love the Cavallino! Beats having stickers on the wall. 55 kg is a lot of weight. What kind of wall are you putting it on?

Edit: Just saw Ash's comment above.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Pictures are titled 1800cm.....

Bloody hell, thats over 50 feet, do they have aircraft warning lamps on top?

LOL, I never picked that one up.

It's 180 cm or a bee's dick under 6ft in the old money.

The factory contracted an Italian foundry to make 2 versions of the Cavallino in the late 1980's. There is a small version that is around 90cm tall and a large version at 180cm. They are both made using the "lost wax" casting technique and are beautifully made bronze artworks. You can see both versions on various official Ferrari buildings to this day. The small version is famously featured outside the restaraunt across the road from the original factory gates. The large version was displayed in the factory reception area in the late 1980's when my father visited to mid 1990's when I was there. It may still be there today; but I haven't been there since 2001 to confirm.

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

The original foundry went broke in the early 1990's and they only made small runs for the factory themselves and a few authorised dealers.
I looked for years and years for an original; but only found nasty resin replicas of the real thing. I finally found an original last year.

• Soap Dodger

I'm tipping these ones on the wall at Michelotto are factory sourced... You'd go weak at the wallet for the goodies they have stashed away....

Offline 360c

• Drug Dealer

Yup it certainly looks that way. Those big suckers are worth big bucks.

• Soap Dodger

Yup it certainly looks that way. Those big suckers are worth big bucks.

what isn't at Michelotto!