Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I got a letter today from Ferrari saying that Prestige Formula is no longer the SA servicing dealer for Ferrari and Maserati and Eurocars (Porsche Centre Adelaide's holding company) is taking over effective today. Eurocars has also been appointed Maserati sales dealer for SA.  The new showroom for Maserati will be adjacent to the Porsche dealership ( the old Volvo showroom).

In other news (?), Ferrari and Maserati will separate their importing arrangement next year with the Ferrari factory taking over direct importation of new Ferrari into Australia (I think).

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Very interesting, heard any reasons for it?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I got a letter today from Ferrari saying that Prestige Formula is no longer the SA servicing dealer for Ferrari and Maserati and Eurocars (Porsche Centre Adelaide's holding company) is taking over effective today. Eurocars has also been appointed Maserati sales dealer for SA.  The new showroom for Maserati will be adjacent to the Porsche dealership ( the old Volvo showroom).

In other news (?), Ferrari and Maserati will separate their importing arrangement next year with the Ferrari factory taking over direct importation of new Ferrari into Australia (I think).

I was dead on the money
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden

WTF? So the rumors I heard 3 weeks ago were true. I hope Daniele still stays in Adelaide. He is a superb Ferrari/Maserati mechanic.

Eventhough the Ferrari factory will now be handling imports directly, I suspect the Australian prices for the cars will not change. It will be like how IKEA products cost Aussies two to three times more than in the USA eventhough it is made in Indonesia because we a soft targets.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

I'm sure they will continue the policy of at least 100% mark up on new Ferrari's in Australia.  ;)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Was only a matter of time seeing they lost the car sales side of the business 12 months ago. Probably explains the crazy prices they have been charging this year on parts.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

WTF? So the rumors I heard 3 weeks ago were true. I hope Daniele still stays in Adelaide. He is a superb Ferrari/Maserati mechanic.

I liked him too, very nice guy that knew his stuff but how much work was he actually doing on the cars? He seemed to be spending more time dealing with customers and overseeing other staff. I got some very poor warranty work from there on my car that I ended up redoing myself.

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
I liked him too, very nice guy that knew his stuff but how much work was he actually doing on the cars? He seemed to be spending more time dealing with customers and overseeing other staff. I got some very poor warranty work from there on my car that I ended up redoing myself.

Warranty work? What did you have done?

I always insist that if anyone touches my car it only has got be Danielle and no one else.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason

Warranty work? What did you have done?

I always insist that if anyone touches my car it only has got be Danielle and no one else.

The reverse lights were staying on. It was caused by a rubber boot under the shifter gate moving and getting chewed up. They glued the damaged rubber boot back in place which lasted about 30 minutes. Several other jobs that were meant to be done under warranty I was told that they were waiting for the parts. After a few months of phone calls and the parts not arriving I got the parts elsewhere and did them myself. I rang another time for a minor service kit for both cars and the prices were just over double the amount from another local genuine parts supplier. If this kind of service and pricing was common that would explain  why they lost the service and parts contracts. Prestige Formula were hopeless in every dealing I had with them from booking the initial test drive where they took at least 45 minutes to get the car out of the showroom. If you book a time for a test drive you think they would at least call in advance to check that you were coming in on time and have the car ready. The car didnt even have a charged battery in it when I arrived, on time.