Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

it again if he paid someone to do the engine out service including all the things you 'end up doing' while the engine's out. it's done 40000km, probably needs a valve adjustment too.

in the last 12 months, my GT4 has cost me $300 and i've done 10,000km

wow... what distortion of the facts!!! Incredible.. literally.

So, in 10,000km, you SHOULD have had at least one, but arguably TWO 6250 mile services, as per the owner handbook.

AND, you rebuilt the thing already!...

Answer the question... what is the total expenditure on your GT4 in the last 5 years...? if you won't say.... STFU about things you KNOW you're BS'ing about.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
A belt only 348 job (which includes annual servie items/fluids but not tappets/seals etc)... is 18 hours work plus parts... $2400 on average.

not that you've ever charged that, of course.

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

not that you've ever charged that, of course.

It's very rare for a Ferrari to have both no faults AND no owner requests for detailing/presentation improvements.

but on my detailed itemised invoices, YES, I have clearly shown how the belt change did cost the correct amount as estimated.

Offline Aircon

wow... what distortion of the facts!!! Incredible.. literally.

So, in 10,000km, you SHOULD have had at least one, but arguably TWO 6250 mile services, as per the owner handbook.

AND, you rebuilt the thing already!...

Answer the question... what is the total expenditure on your GT4 in the last 5 years...? if you won't say.... STFU about things you KNOW you're BS'ing about.

i still have trouble comprehending how dumb you are. i should probably just accept that it is what it is and you are how you are.

it would be rather difficult for me to tell you what the total expenditure over 5 years is since i've only had the car just over a year.

I've changed the oil twice in that time, but the second time was because i decided to try the oil Carl runs...i didn't think i should include that figure as it wasn't routine maintenance, but a whim. if you like, though, you can make it that i've spent $600 since i bought it instead of $300...but i think that's pushing things a bit. would you like me to include wear and tear on tyres and brake pads too? I put on new wiper blades. what about that?

can't tell you have a 348 for sale, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

so if i bought a 308 for $40k that just needed routine maintenance because everything was done already by the previous owner, and spend $300 on an oil change, then i guess you'd say it cost me $300 in maintenance.

but if i spend, say, $20k on a car and do a rebuild for $15k, would you say that the cost for the year is $15k plus $300??   :scared: sure sounds like that's what you're saying to me!

i'd put money on having to sink $10-15k or so into this 348 to make it as good as my GT4. is that called maintenance and running costs? i don't think so.

Offline Aircon

but on my detailed itemised invoices,

lol..yes...i've seen your 'detailed and intemised invoices'

nuff said.

• Soap Dodger

I've changed the oil twice in that time, but the second time was because i decided to try the oil Carl runs...i didn't think i should include that figure as it wasn't routine maintenance, but a whim. if you like, though, you can make it that i've spent $600 since i bought it instead of $300...but i think that's pushing things a bit. would you like me to include wear and tear on tyres and brake pads too? I put on new wiper blades. what about that?

so, after 5 years of ownership, what will be your projected expenditure over purchase price.

Hey, Moretti... how much did you spend on your GT4 in a 5 year period?

Offline Aircon

so, after 5 years of ownership, what will be your projected expenditure over purchase price.

Hey, Moretti... how much did you spend on your GT4 in a 5 year period?

the only think i know for sure is it'd be less than a 348.

• Soap Dodger

Hey Carl... how much has your Glass 308 had spent on it in the last 5 years of USE...

And how much had the QV had spent on it?

• Soap Dodger

Hey Pap... did that $6k you said you'd spent include the exhaust system?... tut tut if so.... that was optional.

• Soap Dodger

the only think i know for sure is it'd be less than a 348.

you also know for sure that so far you've spent what... $20k, $25k? in a year.