Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
From FerrariFixer

"But get this, THIS is a major point.... there are a MASSIVE number of people that actually get off on the amount (LOTS) they spend on their cars, and really don't care/understand what they're getting."

I am certainly not one of these people. If there is money to be saved by going to the independents then why not? Its hard work earning money. I think the independents such as yourself do an even better job than the dealerships. I take my other cars to independents.

The dealership in Adelaide is advising me to take a POWER warranty extension on my 30,000 km 2007 F430. They are charging about $7,500. Down from $10,000. There are independent warranty extension companies which charge $4000 which covers 4 years. Tony Graziani (NSW) is selling such a product which claims to cover everything Ferrari covers and more but it sounds dodgy to me. What are your thoughts on warranty extensions for the F430?

The F430 looks like a reliable car to me.

By the way prestige formula in Adelaide charges $150 an hour for labour for any Ferrari service

Offline app

I wish i was smart, and quicker thinking.

I would have told him I'm $330/hr, once he told me his rate.

That probably would've helped you. The dealer would have thought that they were charging too low, increased prices, then customers get annoyed and start going to independents....

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head

But get this, THIS is a major point.... there are a MASSIVE number of people that actually get off on the amount (LOTS) they spend on their cars, and really don't care/understand what they're getting.

They are also the people you wouldn't want to deal with, more hassel than what their business is worth.

But obviously Phil you are affecting the dealers service department in Melbourne, They must have seen your stamp in a number of service books and they are hurting and want to know why they are loosing to an independent.

Keep up the good work and stick it to the dealers lol  :thumbsup:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline bbb

"But get this, THIS is a major point.... there are a MASSIVE number of people that actually get off on the amount (LOTS) they spend on their cars, and really don't care/understand what they're getting."

Someone I know has a 355 and they was almost bragging how they had the 355 in for a service and it will cost 5k. I tried to tell them I get the Maser serviced at an independent for much less (about $4000 less lol) but they said "OH NO, i would only ever let Ferrari service my car" --- Ummm ok.

Offline tdc911

They are also the people you wouldn't want to deal with, more hassel than what their business is worth.

What????

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Someone I know has a 355 and they was almost bragging how they had the 355 in for a service and it will cost 5k. I tried to tell them I get the Maser serviced at an independent for much less (about $4000 less lol) but they said "OH NO, i would
only ever let Ferrari service my car" --- Ummm ok.

I have mentioned it before but there was a newspaper article about a year ago that had a write up about a 18 year old female apprentice that had to travel from Wollongong to the Sydney Ferrari/maserati dealership. A whole story how they have an apprentice on $12/ hour working on elite cars.
How the hell did Ferrari maserati think owners would respond? So they charge close to $200/hr only to have an apprentice that doesn't know what they are doing work on the car???    And a woman of all things lol jkz.

Lol $5k for a maserati service, only to have the chrostmass lights dashboard warning lights still come up lol

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

What????

People that are more hassle than what their business is worth

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
That probably would've helped you. The dealer would have thought that they were charging too low, increased prices, then customers get annoyed and start going to independents....

I don't think so.

As I said, it's not about the price.

There are people queueing up to buy 458's at ~$600k, where in the UK or US. they're half that....

I have some very discerning customers, and even though they know full well what they get, there are some jobs they want the dealer stamp on...

ie, cars under warranty, they get scared, even though BY LAW, it is not necessary to have dealer maintenance, they get the dealer to service it.

also, on the supercars that require rubber fuel tank replacement... I know of someone that got the dealer to do it for ~$18k, even though I could have done it for ~$12k... And I even ended up sorting out the mess they made of putting the car back together afterwards... just wrong bolts in wrong places and general assembly stuff ups, nothing major, but you'd think and HOPE they'd put the car together right??? But nope...

But as it's a "world market" car, they feel happier when it comes to re-sale time, as the "world" don't know what dealers are like?????

Maybe the dealer network should buy up the independents, and have them run offical "older" car shops, if they're scared.????

I'm really not a threat to their newish car service dept, and they cannot even hold a candle to places like myself that deal with the older cars... there's some crossover for sure, but generally, they're hopeless at older stuff..... carburettors and distributors.. forget it!!.

I've never ever considered it before, but maybe I should get my business valued?? Anyone here do that sort of thing??

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

People that are more hassle than what their business is worth

I have different criteria for deciding who to have as customers....

One thing I absolutely insist on, is the customer is NOT always right.

If he was an expert, why does he need me?

I hate people that employ experts, then tell them what to do and how to do it.

First time I meet a new customer... we chat... and we see if we get along.  :scratchchin: