Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
What are your thoughts on warranty extensions for the F430?

The F430 looks like a reliable car to me.

Warranty cover is just insurance, the companies only exist so they can pay out less than they take in.

They price it so they win.

Put about half of the warranty premium away for a rainy day yourself, and you'll be ok.

Start an account for your kids or holidays etc, and as it builds, enjoy it, but leave something in it for car surprises!

You can get entire engines and gearboxes for about triple a warranty premium nowadays....

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Ah, ok. Of course.

Price = 10x Profit?.... hmmmm... about $80 bucks then  :tilt:

Yes, of course I have books. My good lady wife is a ripper on the books  :thumbsup:

Most businesses keep the profit to a minumum so you'd need to show the buyer the real position.

it's entirely possible to get a good price for your business but the buyers wouid be hard to find and only you could identify them.

My idea of price is only a guess I don't know what would apply in your case could be more or less.

• Soap Dodger

Most businesses keep the profit to a minumum so you'd need to show the buyer the real position.

it's entirely possible to get a good price for your business but the buyers wouid be hard to find and only you could identify them.

My idea of price is only a guess I don't know what would apply in your case could be more or less.

Yeah, appreciate the tip for what it is... a guesstimate.

of course, we all toe the scales of our books to suit our purposes. But I'm hardly BHP so it makes little difference.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yeah, appreciate the tip for what it is... a guesstimate.

of course, we all toe the scales of our books to suit our purposes. But I'm hardly BHP so it makes little difference.

Bottom line on price would be , what would you pay for it ? no one knows it better than you, so you have the answer or close to it right there.

• Soap Dodger

Bottom line on price would be , what would you pay for it ? no one knows it better than you, so you have the answer or close to it right there.

"I" would never buy anyones business.

Partly 'cos I couldn't. Partly cos I'd rather just do my own thing from scratch.

FWIW though, I don't think it's worth 10x the profit, maybe half that.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

"I" would never buy anyones business.

Partly 'cos I couldn't. Partly cos I'd rather just do my own thing from scratch.

FWIW though, I don't think it's worth 10x the profit, maybe half that.

Well someone would, someone with your skills but without the connections, as I said hard to find though.

• Soap Dodger

Well someone would, someone with your skills but without the connections, as I said hard to find though.

someone with my skills has probably got bugger all money cos they've been fixing cars all their life, and therfore couldn't afford to buy it!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

someone with my skills has probably got bugger all money cos they've been fixing cars all their life, and therfore couldn't afford to buy it!

Thats what banks are for ;)

• Soap Dodger

Thats what banks are for ;)

how would you secure a loan to buy a business that is basically 90% goodwill and testimonials??

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

how would you secure a loan to buy a business that is basically 90% goodwill and testimonials??

Secured by the buyers house, if he has one.