Offline dkabab

also, on the supercars that require rubber fuel tank replacement... I know of someone that got the dealer to do it for ~$18k, even though I could have done it for ~$12k... And I even ended up sorting out the mess they made of putting the car back together afterwards... just wrong bolts in wrong places and general assembly stuff ups, nothing major, but you'd think and HOPE they'd put the car together right??? But nope...

f50?

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I have mentioned it before but there was a newspaper article about a year ago that had a write up about a 18 year old female apprentice that had to travel from Wollongong to the Sydney Ferrari/maserati dealership. A whole story how they have an apprentice on $12/ hour working on elite cars.
How the hell did Ferrari maserati think owners would respond? So they charge close to $200/hr only to have an apprentice that doesn't know what they are doing work on the car???    And a woman of all things lol jkz.

Lol $5k for a maserati service, only to have the chrostmass lights dashboard warning lights still come up lol

If the apprentice is properly supervised and trained, there's no problem. That said, I would never use them, but that's because I know I cannot supervise them enough.

Oh, and a Maserati can easily cost well beyond $5k to service, if it has other problems along the way.

• Soap Dodger

• Soap Dodger

But obviously Phil you are affecting the dealers service department in Melbourne, They must have seen your stamp in a number of service books and they are hurting and want to know why they are loosing to an independent.

Keep up the good work and stick it to the dealers lol  :thumbsup:

Maybe, but honestly, I actually do relatively little amounts of plain old servicing... I think I might stamp maybe 2 or 3 books a month???

Hardly a threat to service dept.

I seem to deal with repairs and alterations and other prep.

Offline hydie

I've never ever considered it before, but maybe I should get my business valued?? Anyone here do that sort of thing??
Alot of business valuations for services that I have seen are pretty hit and miss, and usually in the end comes down to 'it's only worth what someone is willing to pay'. For example, how could you put a figure on your goodwill and testimonials?

• Soap Dodger

Quote from: hydie link=to pic=8923.msg138385#msg138385 date=1302604305
Alot of business valuations for services that I have seen are pretty hit and miss, and usually in the end comes down to 'it's only worth what someone is willing to pay'. For example, how could you put a figure on your goodwill and testimonials?

That's right.

I'll be the first to admit my business is really only worth "me"... and that ain't much  :tilt:

BUT, it might be worth a gander.

Offline dkabab

and the business IS phil..... so unless hes selling himself, its worth nothing really

• Soap Dodger

and the business IS phil..... so unless hes selling himself, its worth nothing really

exactly.

My business is only worth anything to someone that can do (or thinks he can) what I do... whatever  THAT is...

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

exactly.

My business is only worth anything to someone that can do what I do... whatever  THAT is...

UNLESS you find someone that is as good as you and wants his own business, then you can sell it to him and your clients will stick with him on your say so, but you'd need to give him a 12 month guarantee that they won't all leave, price adjustment for those that do.

Price ? Probably 10 times the annual profit or something like that.........if you keep books :rolleyes:

• Soap Dodger

UNLESS you find someone that is as good as you and wants his own business, then you can sell it to him and your clients will stick with him on your say so, but you'd need to give hom a 12 month guarantee that they won't all leave, price adjustment for those that do.

Price ? Probaly 10 times the annual profit or something like that.........if you keep books :rolleyes:

Ah, ok. Of course.

Price = 10x Profit?.... hmmmm... about $80 bucks then  :tilt:

Yes, of course I have books. My good lady wife is a ripper on the books  :thumbsup: