Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
The injected cars definitley cost a significant amount LESS to run and service, but even they can spring surprises up.

Don't blow all your budget on purchase, you'll need some in reserve for servicing and repairs otherwise you'll end up regretting it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

if there is a 30 year old car out there that can be driven regularly and NOT require repairing, I'll buy it!

I repair Ferrari's all the time.....

but until this week, I hadn't done a water pump for 3 years! Now I'm doing 3.

It's just a freak of circumstance.

But it has been a stupid summer regarding heat. Those conditions may have had a lot of do with it as well, IMO.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
But it has been a stupid summer regarding heat. Those conditions may have had a lot of do with it as well, IMO.

hmmmm, I guess it's not impossible, but engine bay heat conditions are not really influenced by the weather.

Offline Big Kahuna

The injected cars definitley cost a significant amount LESS to run and service, but even they can spring surprises up.

Don't blow all your budget on purchase, you'll need some in reserve for servicing and repairs otherwise you'll end up regretting it.

..yeah good advice, regarding savin' some cashola left for maintenance, was figurin' to do exactly that.. ..plus mebbe have a little 'ferrari slush fund' on the side for servicin' on reg. basis.. ..ideally, i'd love a 308 QV (GTB), but plans for that are on the back-burner due to change in circumstances, but i also dig the GT4's and was toyin' with the idea of one of those.. ..admittedly, i'm not in a huge rush to purchase (time on my side as buyer),, but naturally i'd prefer to own one, versus not..heh..

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

..yeah good advice, regarding savin' some cashola left for maintenance, was figurin' to do exactly that.. ..plus mebbe have a little 'ferrari slush fund' on the side for servicin' on reg. basis.. ..ideally, i'd love a 308 QV (GTB), but plans for that are on the back-burner due to change in circumstances, but i also dig the GT4's and was toyin' with the idea of one of those.. ..admittedly, i'm not in a huge rush to purchase (time on my side as buyer),, but naturally i'd prefer to own one, versus not..heh..

So did you look here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236872 then?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Big Kahuna

So did you look here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236872 then?

..yeah, was actually readin' it just then.. ..from what i saw, runnin' costs seem ok.. ..and from what little i know the 308's seem a fairly good sort for regular drivin'.. ..thanks for the link hombre'..

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

..yeah, was actually readin' it just then.. ..from what i saw, runnin' costs seem ok.. ..and from what little i know the 308's seem a fairly good sort for regular drivin'.. ..thanks for the link hombre'..

No worries. There are quite a few GT4 owners in that section.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan