Offline adam01

Is there a Ferrari part number on these? I'm fairly certain Challenge cars featured OMP seats and not Recaros. I think someone has put a Ferrari sticker on the back.

Then retract the VB slab offer:)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Is there a Ferrari part number on these? I'm fairly certain Challenge cars featured OMP seats and not Recaros. I think someone has put a Ferrari sticker on the back.

Correct. OMP have/had a contract to supply the Challenge seats that goes back to 348 Challenge days.
Nice seats though and reasonably priced.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks

Correct. OMP have/had a contract to supply the Challenge seats that goes back to 348 Challenge days.
Nice seats though and reasonably priced.

Thanks Scott- you'd have much more of an idea on these than I would. I bought these as "Ferrari Challenge" seats but in view of this info, have revised post/listing! Stickers show the Recaro part number. Looking at the Ferrari decal on it - I have no idea whether it's real or not.

Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Thanks Scott- you'd have much more of an idea on these than I would. I bought these as "Ferrari Challenge" seats but in view of this info, have revised post/listing! Stickers show the Recaro part number. Looking at the Ferrari decal on it - I have no idea whether it's real or not.

The OMP seats may or may not have a part number on them anyway. The seats in my Scuderia just have the external suppliers identification and the Ferrari part number is on a label on the box it came in. I know because I ordered a new one in a larger size a while back. The box with the label said large, the seat identification from the manufacturer said medium, no Ferrari ID on it at all. Seat took 6 months to come, got sent back and correct size took another 6 months. Ferrari service absolutely sucks and has done since the dawn of time.

Offline dkabab

I think someone has put a Ferrari sticker on the back.

Would be the first time hey 360c  :mischief:

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Hay Alvin

My offer of $10.99 each still stands

Cash  :D

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Hay Alvin

My offer of $10.99 each still stands

Cash  :D
sold only if u also change the Stuttgart emblem on the striped car to the prancing horse!  ;)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline dkabab

They couldn't be any less comfortable than the 996 seats

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

Would be the first time hey 360c  :mischief:

Those stickers are way too flash to have ever been used on an OEM product. In fact they are just the badge on the nose of every modern Ferrari.
The real deal stickers on carbon fibre parts are there simply to provide quality control and part identification, nothing else. Which supplier made it, the batch number/date and the part number. Much of it is hand written and they are normally placed in obscure locations and are not made the centre of attention if they are visible at all.

I have seen dozens of them over a few cars I have owned. Some I have replicated and used on custom parts in my Scuderia project, not with any intention to mislead or defraud. I've gone to a shitload of trouble to match materials and weaves in the parts and the sticker adds a perception of authenticity. Anyone with a brain and access to a parts manual would know that the factory never produced or offered an OEM front bonnet in carbon fibre. Anyone that knows me would know that I would never trade my reputation for money. Indeed I have made numerous posts on my custom parts and have knocked back requests to supply them.
Just thought I should make that crystal clear.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Do you a straight swap.

These are very rare recaros used in the Chrysler LeBaron convertible Indianapolis Pace car.

or maybe a 318, they all look the same to me when they have back seats.