Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

thanks

shaddap

When we were deciding whether to buy a QV or wait 6 months for a 328, a deciding factor was the thought that they had added a lot of plastic crap to the interior and around the bumpers to try and modernise a classic shape.......23 years later I am glad we bought Horse.

An Aust 328 being unleaded with a cat was the other reason.

Your 328 does look to be in very good condition, do you think you'll keep it long term?

Why such a long face?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
When we were deciding whether to buy a QV or wait 6 months for a 328, a deciding factor was the thought that they had added a lot of plastic crap to the interior and around the bumpers to try and modernise a classic shape.......23 years later I am glad we bought Horse.

An Aust 328 being unleaded with a cat was the other reason.

Your 328 does look to be in very good condition, do you think you'll keep it long term?

i remember thinking the same thing back then. of course, i prefer the looks of a 308 significantly (inside and out btw)....but as far as the wheels are concerned MY opinion is that they convex ones suit the more modern look of the 328.

i have no intention of selling any of them at this stage......which is probably just as well considering where the market is for those cars at this stage!

today i had the steering wheel spacer fitted and now it's pretty much a perfect fit for me. i'm very happy with it.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
i remember thinking the same thing back then. of course, i prefer the looks of a 308 significantly (inside and out btw)....but as far as the wheels are concerned MY opinion is that they convex ones suit the more modern look of the 328.

i have no intention of selling any of them at this stage......which is probably just as well considering where the market is for those cars at this stage!

today i had the steering wheel spacer fitted and now it's pretty much a perfect fit for me. i'm very happy with it.

50mm is a huge spacer.

Did you bend the stalks so you can still reach them without letting go of the wheel? Or, if you're sitting that far back to need a 50mm spacer, can you even reach the stalks at all?

I usually put 25mm on, and then bend the gear lever a little bit (10-15mm over to the left) to aid knee room. This way, you don't need to bend the stalks, which is a risk as the aging plastic don't like it often!

Offline Aircon

50mm is a huge spacer.

yep...i've always had the same in the 355.

Did you bend the stalks so you can still reach them without letting go of the wheel? Or, if you're sitting that far back to need a 50mm spacer, can you even reach the stalks at all?

no i didn't.

yes i can....easily. i just like the steering wheel closer than most.

I usually put 25mm on, and then bend the gear lever a little bit (10-15mm over to the left) to aid knee room. This way, you don't need to bend the stalks, which is a risk as the aging plastic don't like it often!

i wouldn't dare bend any of that stuff. plenty of leg/knee room....steering wheel perfect for me now.

like i said...same as 355.

having said that, i put a 25mm spacer on the 308 and it's spot on.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com

Have you forgotten that people with long legs that require the spacer probably don't have short stumpy fingers?  :D

Offline Aircon

Have you forgotten that people with long legs that require the spacer probably don't have short stumpy fingers?  :D

lol

true! i have no trouble reaching the controls....actually, i always thought they were too close to the steering wheel...now there's a greater gap btwn them.