Offline BAFTOZ

• Drives: 2005 Ferrari 360 Spider
  • Name: Elvir
Hey everybody,

I've ordered new pads and rotors, as my rear pads seem to be really thin, and the rotors are a bit lippy. So I thought ill just freshen all four corners up. I'v done replacements on my work vehicles before, and my brother is very mechanically minded. However reading through the workshop manual its talking about needing the SD2 tester to "electronically" bleed the brakes. Is this so? Basically wanted to know has anyone done it themselves, and if there is anything on the inter webs that could make life easier?

Thanks in advance

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Hey everybody,

I've ordered new pads and rotors, as my rear pads seem to be really thin, and the rotors are a bit lippy. So I thought ill just freshen all four corners up. I'v done replacements on my work vehicles before, and my brother is very mechanically minded. However reading through the workshop manual its talking about needing the SD2 tester to "electronically" bleed the brakes. Is this so? Basically wanted to know has anyone done it themselves, and if there is anything on the inter webs that could make life easier?

Thanks in advance

There's no need to bleed the brakes at all during a pad/rotor change.

And if you decide you do want to bleed them anyway, then if you know what you're doing, there's no need for the SD2 to bleed.

In fact, IMO, using the SD2 to bleed them is just a waste of manpower/time/resources and actually exposes at least two areas for human error that are quite dangerous.

That said, if ever you have the ABS system apart, sometimes, I do use the SD2 to triple check things.

Offline Cuso

I did them on my HZ Kingswood, and that was pretty easy.

At a guess it would be the same :D

• Soap Dodger

Absolutely the same, but in a non identical way :tilt:

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

You need to use classier G clamps on the Ferrari.  :rolleyes: :p

Offline eewink

• Drives: Holden
I found this company who does aftermarket discs and pads for all Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche. www.girodisc.com

Cheaper and lighter than the factory Ferrari 360 OEM discs because they are floating discs.

• Soap Dodger

I found this company who does aftermarket discs and pads for all Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche. www.girodisc.com

Cheaper and lighter than the factory Ferrari 360 OEM discs because they are floating discs.

Yep, some good stuff there. used them a bit myself.

Although I stopped using their race stuff as the lightness of their steel brakes simply hurts their ability to dissipate heat (less cooling veins, thinner steel, great for qualifying though ;) ).