Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
What is everyone so worked up about? It is another developing country that has its own rules, it's own way of doing things with its own views of what is acceptable and what isn't....

Who are we to judge and go ranting from the other side of the world. Is it stupid to have a kid driving a Ferrari on the street, Yes!!!   But people have their own lives, make their own decisions and make their own mistakes. Who gives a flying fuck.

In reality if we had people able to get away with this in Australia, oz would be a better place with less complete morons surviving to adulthood giving natural selection a chance to work its magic again.

:)
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

What is everyone so worked up about? It is another developing country that has its own rules, it's own way of doing things with its own views of what is acceptable and what isn't....

Who are we to judge and go ranting from the other side of the world. Is it stupid to have a kid driving a Ferrari on the street, Yes!!!   But people have their own lives, make their own decisions and make their own mistakes. Who gives a flying fuck.

In reality if we had people able to get away with this in Australia, oz would be a better place with less complete morons surviving to adulthood giving natural selection a chance to work its magic again.

:)

+100

We have a society so controlled by government we are the ones in prison !!!!

The kid probably has a job and is employed too!!!!

Offline Paulstar

Marine Dr is a main road in that part of the city (similar to the way New South Rd is a main road in Sydney's eastern suburbs). Notwithstanding that, cars were double and triple parked on the road, turning a multi lane road into a one land street.

The short point: India is screwed.

That's just Mumbai  :p Chennai is bearable.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Under the circumstances in the video, I think it's great.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

+100

We have a society so controlled by government we are the ones in prison !!!!

The kid probably has a job and is employed too!!!!

We should all pitch in and buy an Island!!!

Doesn’t have to be huge, big enough to build some decent roads and some nice houses……

I will be President, you can all fight over who will be King…..

You can import any damn car you want!!! No speed limits!!!

And there will be Handicap parking!!!!   :D

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Obviously the dad had driven with him in quiet places before and knew that he would be able to control the car. I was driving most weekends with my dad when I was 11 on dead end roads near our house when we would take our dogs out for a run. I was never dangerous until I got a license.. ;) There would be thousands of kids that at this age on farms were driving all kinds of machinery, cars and bikes.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Obviously the dad had driven with him in quiet places before and knew that he would be able to control the car. I was driving most weekends with my dad when I was 11 on dead end roads near our house when we would take our dogs out for a run. I was never dangerous until I got a license.. ;) There would be thousands of kids that at this age on farms were driving all kinds of machinery, cars and bikes.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Obviously the dad had driven with him in quiet places before and knew that he would be able to control the car.

Have you been to India ? There is no such thing as a quiet place.

I've been going to India every few years since 1992 and the congestion and pollution is intolerable and getting worse. I have been to many Indian cities where the city occupies the same amount of land as Geelong; but the population of it is
3 million or more.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
For nostalgic reasons, my aunt recently went back to India and visited her childhood home (having left about 30 years ago for good).
The childhood home is on Marine Drive, which is a waterfront road in Mumbai, not the most affluent area, but it's not in the depths of poverty either. When she was a teenager, she could see across the bay to the other side, a distance of a few hundred metres. When she returned this year, the pollution had gotten so bad that visibility across the bay was less than 100m and you couldn't see anything beyond the shore.
Marine Dr is a main road in that part of the city (similar to the way New South Rd is a main road in Sydney's eastern suburbs). Notwithstanding that, cars were double and triple parked on the road, turning a multi lane road into a one land street.
The short point: India is screwed.

The worst pollution is apparently in Delhi. A lot of the problem is obviously the traffic and the 2 stroke autorickshaw things are the worst. The drivers dilute the fuel with kerosene to make it go further for less money. Only problem is it makes them smoke terribly and there seem to be millions of the bloody things in every city.

Last time I went to India we were in a taxi going to the airport. As we got closer you could hear the planes taking off and landing; but you couldn't see them because of all the smog. It wasn't until we were literally a few hundred metres away from the runway that you could see the planes. It is hard to imagine how bad the pollution is unless you have experienced it.

The photo is downtown Pune from one of my visits. Looks like it was overcast in the shot; but it was only the normal everyday pollution.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
The worst pollution is apparently in Delhi. A lot of the problem is obviously the traffic and the 2 stroke autorickshaw things are the worst. The drivers dilute the fuel with kerosene to make it go further for less money. Only problem is it makes them smoke terribly and there seem to be millions of the bloody things in every city.

Last time I went to India we were in a taxi going to the airport. As we got closer you could hear the planes taking off and landing; but you couldn't see them because of all the smog. It wasn't until we were literally a few hundred metres away from the runway that you could see the planes. It is hard to imagine how bad the pollution is unless you have experienced it.

The photo is downtown Pune from one of my visits. Looks like it was overcast in the shot; but it was only the normal everyday pollution.

Wow! I'll dig up some pix - I worked in Hyderabad, Mumbai and Pune for almost 2 years in my last job a million years ago  :)
C'mon, do it!