Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
F40s can be very hard cars to buy. The people who usually sell them are the most crooked people I've ever met.

It's sad that money seems to bring out the worse in so many people.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
F40s can be very hard cars to buy. The people who usually sell them are the most crooked people I've ever met.

Maybe they used your offer to drive up the price to the person they already wanted to sell it to.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
Not likely... I suspect that they wanted the price to be as low as possible for their mate to get a bargain.

So more than likely I just pumped them by $150k
May the Horse be with you....

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
Sorry if this is a dumb thing to suggest, but if you are looking for an F40 why not go through DK Engineering or Talacrest in the UK?
Assume the cost of bringing it from the UK to Oz blows the equation but they're certainly well known operators.

DK have one at the moment
http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/349/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Ferrari_F40.html

Personally I'd love this...
http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/374/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Ferrari_250_PF_Coupe.html

But lets face it I'd have anything they're selling if I could!!!!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Sorry if this is a dumb thing to suggest, but if you are looking for an F40 why not go through DK Engineering or Talacrest in the UK?
Assume the cost of bringing it from the UK to Oz blows the equation but they're certainly well known operators.

DK have one at the moment
http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/349/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Ferrari_F40.html

Personally I'd love this...
http://www.dkeng.co.uk/ferrari-sales/374/Blue_Chip_and_Competition_Cars/Ferrari_250_PF_Coupe.html

But lets face it I'd have anything they're selling if I could!!!!

See post 10 in this thread.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Has Australia being able to register F40's driven up the world price like we did to American cars when they were first allowed to be registered here LHD?

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle

you've sold an F40 right? :P

Offline JJ

Not an f40 but I bought a vintage war plane some time ago and the drama with this was enough to put me off buying an older Ferrari.

The pricetag was somewhat higher and lots of individual components were verified for originality but in the end it came down to some mystery phone bidder who was driving up the price by small margins. I suspected it was the vendor and I asked the bloke on the phone to his face as noone except me had spent any time verifying its history, but no more bids came and we took it home for slightly less than original asking price.

Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Offline 98octane

Not an f40 but I bought a vintage war plane some time ago and the drama with this was enough to put me off buying an older Ferrari.

The pricetag was somewhat higher and lots of individual components were verified for originality but in the end it came down to some mystery phone bidder who was driving up the price by small margins. I suspected it was the vendor and I asked the bloke on the phone to his face as noone except me had spent any time verifying its history, but no more bids came and we took it home for slightly less than original asking price.

What sort of plane? Spitfire, Mustang, Hurricane, ME109, Zero? Pics?